Thread: Bye-Bye March. The Sunday Thread For 2022-03-27

Bye-Bye March. The Sunday Thread For 2022-03-27

The weather is positively schizophrenic here these days. A few days ago we were in short-sleeve weather, today and tomorrow it's bust out the winter gear again. Fortunately, I haven't yet put away my winter gear.

I've been playing my new 12-string and I've made an interesting discovery: Playing a 12-string makes me a better 6-string player. I think that's because I have to be more precise with my fretwork on the dozen. Which has also led me to another personal discovery: I think one reason I'm not fanatical about neck profiles is because I bounce around different guitars, and after a short adjustment time, my fingers learn how to play. The adjustment time can be a day or two of some frustration (because I'm old and muscle memory isn't what it used to be) but then I'm off to the races.

All that is just a long way of saying that I'm really enjoying my new guitar.

After a busy day completing errands yesterday, today is shaping up to be my literal day of rest. Church, a bit of exercise, some guitar playing, reading, and cooking are my kick-back goals for the day.

How about you?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Bye-Bye March. The Sunday Thread For 2022-03-27

It's another bright, sunny day here on the western coast of Lake Michigan with temps presently hovering around 18°F. Hopefully the snowblower is done for the year but you never know. A couple of years in a row we had mid-April snow storms where I had to fire it up to get the walks and driveway clear.
    Hope all have a great day and week!

They're having a St Patrick's Parade in Manchester NH today. I would like to have gone but I know the parking will be abysmal at best.

So I was getting all psyched to go to a lacrosse game today, until I found out it's in April, 3 weeks away. Oops.

So all my plans for today have been shot and it's not even noon

Maybe I'll go to Dunkins and get some breakfast wraps and a strawberry frosted donut.

Yes, weather has been schizoid here as well. I went for a walk yesterday, towards the end, I had to take off my jacket. But I still needed gloves and should have worn them. Woke up this morning and my hands hurt to move. WTF? 52 degrees and it was still too cold for them, even when the rest of me was quite warmed up. Tomorrow is not even going to get above freezing.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    It's another bright, sunny day here on the western coast of Lake Michigan with temps presently hovering around 18°F. Hopefully the snowblower is done for the year but you never know. A couple of years in a row we had mid-April snow storms where I had to fire it up to get the walks and driveway clear.
    Hope all have a great day and week!
    I was hopeful that you'd be able to take the new Stingray out for a spin and post an after-action review of the experience......
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Mostly sunny and a high of 86F here in SE Texas. Luckily our summer like oppressive humidity hasn't returned yet, but the winds are from the Gulf of Mexico so the "heat index" temps are a few degrees above the actual temp.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    I was hopeful that you'd be able to take the new Stingray out for a spin and post an after-action review of the experience......
    The new Vette has been sitting in the garage with a cover on it since I brought it home. The only diving I’ve done with it is the three of four blocks from the dealer to my garage the day I paid for it…what a bummer, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    So was I! Btw any of you guys ever drive a ‘Cuda?

Never drove one, but the 'Cuda has a place in history: The Hemi Under Glass.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Never drove one, but the 'Cuda has a place in history: The Hemi Under Glass.

A friend has an original 440 6 pack Cuda that he purchased new. The car has been in storage for many years but will probably never be for sale until he passes away.