Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the airing of grievances.

Re: the airing of grievances.

OK.
    I have one.
    May rile some folks...

ELO.
    Biggest poser band that got far too popular for their own worth.
    I NEVER "got" them.
    I couldn't figure whether they were trying to be Queen, Jr., or what.
    Just heard "Evil Woman" and couldn't help but think how it was a ripoff of Eagles "Witchy Woman".

I know.
    I have very few gripes.
    That's just one that never seems to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    *sigh* ... I am too tired to even get started on the I D 10 T's in my world.

I have another one.
    The "Eye" freaks me out.
    I think it's too big.

Forum Member

i hate when im going 5 or 10 over the limit and some moron gets right on my ass and stays there...when i am not even in the hammer lane.also like the jerks that pull out in front of me and slow down.i dont want to race,but im not into spending my extra money on speeding tickets and higher insurance.and i have a temper.be glad i dont carry a handgun...

Quote Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
    i hate when im going 5 or 10 over the limit and some moron gets right on my ass and stays there...when i am not even in the hammer lane.also like the jerks that pull out in front of me and slow down.i dont want to race,but im not into spending my extra money on speeding tickets and higher insurance.and i have a temper.be glad i dont carry a handgun...
    I get the same, I'm NOT in the left lane, and apparently these people think they will get pulled over for being in the passing lane.
    They just love to get over aggressive in the mid lane, or worse, in the right hand lane.

I like Red Meat get over it already and I occasionally like to wash it down with some Grain Alcohol.Don't even know what a Tofu is. So that makes me an Overweight Blues Playing geezer. And I drive a bus not a Ferrari so give me some time and I'll get up to speed , if you have to pass me I don't need to polish your back bumper when you pull back in. Oops probably should of left the bus driver part out!

Where do I start?

Hmm I work in a Music store, you walk in and like most shops the guitar picks are right at the front counter, we have 20 boxes of various picks I hate it when people come in and ask "Do you have any picks?" while they are standing right in front of them. or when people come in talking on there cell phones and expect me to serve them, or when people can't see the 50 signs (not to mention the printout on our receipts) that say ALL SALES FINAL NO RETURNS and insist that they should get there money back,the store has been there for 60 years, thats been there policy before I am working there and after I'm gone, get over it, when peopel see that i have long hairs and tattoos and think im some kind of metal head and know nothing about classic rock or music history in general, (especially great when they say they saw Led Zeppelin in 1982, then I remind them politely that they disbanded in 1980) When customers at work say "hey can you give me a brake on this I shop here all the time" and then I see them the next wee at guitar center buying something I demoed for them at my store (they are paying the same price there, if anything we try to go a few bucks lower). I hate it when my boss steals my sales, I hate people that park in Handicap parking spaces when they shouldn't be there. I hate Cheese (except Mozz) I hate Diary, I hate being Lactose, I hate showering, I wish I could just wake up clean shaven and clean every morning. I hate left lane bandits as well, I hate Over-achievers (the ones who brag about it)

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH

AND MOST OF ALL I GO INTO SOME COFFEE JOINT TO ORDER MYSELF MY USUAL, A LARGE CUP OF BLACK COFFEE. AND WHAT QUESTION DO I GET ASKED AFTER SAYING A LARGE BLACK COFFEE????? "Room for milk?" NO I WOULDN'T HAVE SAID BLACK COFFEE !!!!!! YOUR JOB IS TO TAKE MY COFFEE ORDER AND ALL I ASKED FOR WAS A LARGE BLACK COFFEE

This is only the beginning of posts on this thread for me....

Sorry for going nuts, but its been one of those days.
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009

OK , this one really gets my cheese in a twist....when people use of instead of 've in a contraction. When you add "have" to another word as in "I could have" or "I would have" the contraction is pronounced "I would've" or "I could've" and yet for some reason it gets written as "I would of" or "I could of" which grammatically makes no sense. I see it several times a day online.
    VM

If aliens listened to our current top 40, they'd think that the entire planet was populated by sexually ambivalent robots with ethnic insecurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fripperton View Post
    OK , this one really gets my cheese in a twist....when people use of instead of 've in a contraction. When you add "have" to another word as in "I could have" or "I would have" the contraction is pronounced "I would've" or "I could've" and yet for some reason it gets written as "I would of" or "I could of" which grammatically makes no sense. I see it several times a day online.
    Yes.
    My Mother (RIP) would jump all over that one.
    I could of apologized, but I wouldn't of.
    Yikes.

Don't even get me started on "they're, their and there."

"They're going to drive their car over there."

This isn't rocket surgery.
    VM

If aliens listened to our current top 40, they'd think that the entire planet was populated by sexually ambivalent robots with ethnic insecurity.

Sorry for this!
    But people who will not upgrade their damn toilet stools. The frickin thing is 20 years old, and won't even flush a kleenex. I got little kids who use more than a kleenex to wipe the bums'. I don't know how you do it! But I not coming to your house til you get a decent flusher. And don't spend less than $200 you cheap bastard! Unless you REALLY can't afford it!

Toilet flush rates are legislated in many places like San Diego. You can't sell a house with a toilet that uses more than 2.5 gallons per flush.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mesotech View Post
    No, you can't have it fast, cheap, and good. Pick two, the third won't happen.
    Hey Meso, you ever eat at Prejeans? Man that places makes some good chow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fripperton View Post
    +1; and...

"Your", instead of "you're." That one really chills my grits.

And while I'm at it, drummers -- buy a freakin' metronome! And use it!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
    -Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by 121064 View Post
    Hey Meso, you ever eat at Prejeans? Man that places makes some good chow.
    Sure have. We have one just about 4 miles away. They have good food, but we have even better places around that the tourists don't know about.

Smokers who use the world as their ashtray,especially when they drive..........they throw the smoldering butt out the window!
    This has caused fires in some instances,and they all stack up and look horrible.Keep a cup or container of water to put the butts in,empty it when you get home.
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

if it's too nasty to keep in your car why the f*ck do think it's a good idea to throw it out where we are?

65/85 drivers!

pick your speed, and then roll with that. don't tailgate me and then when i pull to the center lane hang back where you are. you are either wanting to drive faster than i am, or not...

i guess my main two gripes are driving, and money. 5 words; put up or shut up.

gotta say though i've had some good laughs reading these posts. i don't agree with all of them, i'm guilty of a few, but it's all good! if you can't recognize your faults, you better do some homework!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Speaking of driving, I hate when I'm in the left lane, someone comes up on my tail, I pull over and then they don't pass and hang out in my blind spot!

Then I come up on a slower driver and can't pull left into the passing lane because this bozo is still there on my left rear quarter panel. I have to slow way down until he passes so I can pass this other guy. If you're going to pass, do it already!
    "Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so" -- Douglas Adams
    "If something has a 1 in a million chance of occurring, 9 times out of 10 it will happen" -- Terry Pratchett

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by refin View Post
    Smokers who use the world as their ashtray,especially when they drive....
    +1

Smokers don't seem to think that their butts are litter. If you can't stand them in your car, why are you putting them in your mouth? And I hate having to run the smoking gauntlet at the entrance to a non-smoking building.............Bill

Another maddening driving scenario:

If there's stalled car in the lane in front of me, I signal that I'm going to change lanes to get around it. But the guy behind me sees my signal, speeds up and changes lanes before I can, making me stop and wait...

(expletive deleted). It ain't a race.
    -Dave Barry

And then there's the people who sit at red lights and stare at themselves in the rear view mirror and pick their teeth or whatever, and aren't paying attention when the light turns green.

Then, when I honk at them, they get pissed off.
    -Dave Barry

And furthermore, cell phone use in cars really chaps me.

Get a hands free phone, or turn it off, for eff's sake.

(I read somewhere once that the use of cell phones in cars increases the accident rate to near the rate of drunk driving).
    -Dave Barry

i've always wondered if you talk on your cell phone while driving drunk do they cancel eachother out? like when you multiply two negative numbers?
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Nope, it's like driving drunk and on crack, it's exponential.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    OK.
    I have one.
    May rile some folks...

ELO.
    I NEVER "got" them.
    Just heard "Evil Woman" and couldn't help but think how it was a ripoff of Eagles "Witchy Woman".

I know.
    I have very few gripes.
    That's just one that never seems to go away.
    Add to that that my girlfriend left me for them.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Evanston IL, or Bluffton OH... which ever comes first.

ELO.
    I NEVER "got" them.
    Interesting.
    That's something I'd never really thought about, or heard any one say before. I still very much enjoy "Fire on high" (which sounds cool backwards and forwards) and "Mr. Blue Sky", but I have my own list of bands I don't get starting with "fallout boy".
    "The other Shaltanac's joopleberry shrub is always a more mauvy shade of pinky-russet."

"there's NOTHING WRONG with a live penguin, but...I expected a hamburger!"

When I see someone throw a butt out of their window and see the thousands of butts at off-ramp intersections around here I want a $20 per pack tax.

You want into this lane? Turn on your signal.

Tweets? Twitter? Texting? I’m buried with email and phone calls all day. Why would I want to receive a condensed nonsense message from anyone?

WTF? What’s with the mad rush for everyone to get on their cel phones as soon as the Captain turns off the seatbelt sign at the gate? Who is that important or impatient? We didn’t do this 20 years ago and no one died. “We landed. I’m waiting to get off the plane.” Stop the presses.

WTF? I’m waiting at intersection for you to pass rather than pull out in front of you and you turn right onto this street? Why couldn’t you turn on your signal 100 yards back? Oh, you’re on the phone… Putz.

WTF? We’ve been standing in the sun for hours to have this great spot 5 feet from the stage and 10 minutes before the band comes out 8 of your last minute friends, three of them wearing Cat in the Hat hats want to get in front of us so you can all be together? Not a chance. Be together behind us ass****.

Hey, this is 20 items or less. Not 20 minutes minimum. If you need to go back for the four things you forgot, kindly take your cart with you.

No I don’t have a cigarette… again. Hint, I won’t tomorrow either. I know where you can get thousands of butts and build one.

Same time it was yesterday when you asked me. Nice Escalade, jerk.

What? You ordered your McMeal and now that you have change you know what else you can order? And again? Not a math whiz ‘eh?

Hey jerk, she’s just a waitress, she didn’t order what you don’t like.

TT
    On SmartPhones:

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckocaster View Post
    you can openly speak about what really gets under your skin.
    They recently discontinued my Speed Stick Fresh scent. I'm 31. Been using this stuff for at least 18 years. They still make 'original' speed stick, 'musk' speed stick, and 'sport talc' flavors, but they discontinued my fresh scent. They now have a fresh scent flavor in their new "24/7" line, but it's not the same stuff. Sure, it's just deodorant, and sure, there's something out there that'll get the job done. Pisses me off though, because I can't figure out why they left 'musk' alone but had to dick with my fresh scent.

See my past thread about how 'the market' seems to have different priorities than I do..

Chucko, you rule man...

TT100, its like you were reading my mind with these grievances...
    "Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so" -- Douglas Adams
    "If something has a 1 in a million chance of occurring, 9 times out of 10 it will happen" -- Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Add to that that my girlfriend left me for them.
    Huh?
    All of them, or just one of them?

She came backstage, started partying with them, and that was that.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamrose View Post
    The slowpokes are in the right lane, in trail. "Good" you think to yourself, I'll just slide by on the left. Just as you get up to the pack one of them pulls out to pass the others. "OK" you think, I'll just wait until this one gets by the pack. WRONG!! Suddenly it's Blue Angles time -- the passer locks in on the pack and holds position -- for mile after friggin' mile!! Flash your lights, tailgate, nothing helps. Man, I really hate that!

Better now............Bill

you need this:

do I look like I know what I'm doing?

Forum Member

I do hate me some tailgaters. If I'm going at least the speed limit and I'm not on the left-most lane, get off my ass! If I am in the left-most lane and I'm going 75 in a 65 zone, and the middle and right lanes are full of cars going slower than me, get off my ass! Stop risking an accident just because you think getting to your destination a few seconds sooner is worth more than my safety.

I'm not going to speed up just because you think whatever business you're on is more important than everyone else's. In fact, if you tailgate me, I absolutely will slow down just to piss you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    She came backstage, started partying with them, and that was that.
    Wow.
    I guess my issue with them is far less than yours.

See, I just knew there was a deep reason why I didn't like that band.
    All I needed was proof!

They're all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TT100 View Post
    WTF? We’ve been standing in the sun for hours to have this great spot 5 feet from the stage and 10 minutes before the band comes out 8 of your last minute friends, three of them wearing Cat in the Hat hats want to get in front of us so you can all be together? Not a chance. Be together behind us ass****.
    Damn, you've got me started now. I was at Hyde Park festival to see Bruce Springsteen last Sunday. Whatever you think of the guy, I have two bits of friendly advice for the crowd:

One - to the people going into the crowd with drinks - don't. Just...don't. This woman passed me with this huge jug of...some thing...and three glasses. Right into the massively crowded area. Do you really have to get shitfaced to enjoy music? Do you really think people around you will appreciate you spilling the crap on you? Where the hell are you going to put the big jug when you're finished? On the floor for some poor sod to trip up on in the crowd?

Two - to the people behind me at the show. I paid around £150 for travel, accommodation and a ticket to listen to Bruce Springsteen at Hyde Park, not you drunken idiots shouting "BROOOOCE". Yes, it's something fans do. Yes, I do it too. However, yelling this and "COME ON BRUCE!" every FIVE FUCKING SECONDS during slow songs like Racing In The Street will NOT persuade him to speed up. It's a quiet-ish, slow, sad song. You can yell and sing along and dance like drunken morons all you want during Dancing In The Dark or whatever, but WHEN THE BAND DECIDE TO DO A SLOW SONG, LET THEM DO A SLOW SONG.

Skip to 3:18...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjF8QMYetDI...you can faintly hear one of them...you can probably hear more through the rest of the clip. It riles me up even now. I'm not even a violent man (far from it), but if there weren't three of the drunken morons I'd have done something I'd have regretted (for about five seconds).

The same thing happened at the front of the other London gig I went to last year. Some stupid drunken bastard decided to try to get right to the front, pushed some girl over, did her ankle in, got away before security could give him a good hiding. It escapes me how people have to get off their faces to enjoy Bruce Springsteen.

(The first person to make a joke out of that last sentence wins my wrath)
    i bet this really annoy's you if your a grammar freak.

I hate singers who make the audience sing with them: I paid to hear the singer, not the audience.

I hate drummers who think they're Neil Peart--on a song with a Charlie Watts rhythm.

I hate bass players who'd rather play guitar.

I hate guitarists who take a long solo that goes absolutely nowhere.

Finally, I despise monkies, apes, chimps, gorillas, baboons, orangs, and all primates. Okay so this one is really random. But it's true.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

What a bunch of grumps!

Wait a cotton pickin minute.

Yeah, someone got offended.
    I'M a primate!
    Maybe a higher functioning primate, but still...

Maybe a higher functioning primate, but still...

Don't be braggin' if ya cain't back it up!

You walked into that one, like a judge into court.