Thread: Weber Speakers

Forum Member

Weber Speakers

Anyone ever try these out? I'm thinking of using their Ceramic Michigan or ceramic cali(fornia) 10 and 15 series.

weber speakers

I use a Weber C12N in my Deluxe Reverb RI. It is a great speaker, everything I was looking for. I'm going to replace the 10's in my Mesa Blue Angel with C10N's in the not too distant future.

Forum Member
    I like thier P8Q and C8Q speakers for my Champ. I use thier C10Q and P10R for my Princeton Reverb. I use the P12R for my Blues Jr.

I put Weber P10Qs' in my '63 Vibroverb RI and the amp really woke up! Of course, the stock Fender/Oxford speakers that came in the amp were dogs - anything would have been an improvement, but the Webers brought out the richness of the amp, for sure.

spam - My Vibroverb RI is for sale in the Classified section!

Forum Member
    Let's see. I've got a Weber

P8Q in my SF Vibro Champ
    C12NQ in my BF Deluxe
    pair of Chicago 12's in my SF Twin Reverb
    Blue Dog in my Mission 5E3.

Yea, I'ld say they are pretty good speakers.

D

One of the better speaker manufs on the market right now and if you contact him with the requirements you want, can direct you to the right speaker for your application(s).

Don't be afraid to ask questions, it will save you allot of bucks and aggrivation. Just go to those that know......

Good luck on your tone quest.

Hammer on......Blair

Forum Member ferdi from Germany's Avatar
    With my Twin, I went through some speaker changes:

The original speakers sounded like cardboard: flabby basses, weak mids, piercing highs.

Then I had Greenbacks, great crunch sounds but not enough warmth and too early breakup for killer clean sounds. With as bright amp, I find these don't deliver enough warmth.

After that it was Vintage 30s. With the highs rolled off on the EQ, they provided warm and clean sounds with a very tight bass. These are very good speakers in their tonal range, very reliable. That Fender puts them into the Dual Professional has its reasons. But you cannot dial in a stronger attack on the high strings without the highs getting at least noticable piercing. And these speakers are simply not made to contribute speaker crunch to your sound. Although these are very good speakers the cones are very stiff and not capable of reproducing every subtlety.

Then I tried Jensen RI C12N and they were WAY too bright, didn't match my amp AT ALL. If you have dark sounding, mid-heavy amp, these may be the ones to go for.

Now I have two Weber 12F150s in the Twin and these are honestly the best speakers I have heard so far. BIg low end, intensly warm mids and smooth highs. Plus they reproduce every detail of your playing - perfect for Strats! These are beautiful speakers. They need some time to be broken in, though.

ferdi

The Weber California is my favorite speaker. For me it does everything perfectly. Can't say enough good things about it. The Michigan is cool but different. It is smoother overall and has less high end and less volume. Has a nice punchy middle and deeper bottom. But not quite as deep as a Chicago. :cowb

Forum Member
    I have a pair of Weber P10Ns in my brownface 61 Super. Huge low end, surprising for only 2 10s. LOUD, with very smooth breakup when I really crank the amp.

I also have a Weber C10Q in my Princeton Reverb and it's also very loud.

Highly recommended.

Forum Member

dhodgeh (or anyone else).. could you tell me about the C12NQ?

I'm looking to add this speaker to my existing setup and would like to know how it compares to a regular Weber C12N?

Thanks
    Mojostrat

Forum Member
    Echoing Blair's comments -> just e-mail or call (Ted) Weber, tell 'em what your rig is, how it sounds now, and what you want it to do. They are incredibly knowledgeable and responsive to questions.

I ended up putting a Weber ceramic Blue Dog in my Blues Jr. and it was like getting a new amp! Best tone improvement per $$$ you can find.

Chip

Forum Member
    8A125 in the Vibrochamp
    10A125 in the Princeton Reverb

I like 'em silly!

A pair of ceramic blue pups (C10B?) in my 18 watt clone. Love em.

Tom
    Tom S.

Tweed sounds better

Cali 10 ceramic in my Princeton Reverb, Blue Dog ceramic 12 in my Musicmaster bass amp. Love them both. Word about the Cali, takes a while to break in, be patient, its worth it. :)
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Living in the body that is now called "grito"
    I have two C10Q speakers in my '68 Vibrolux Reverb, and a P10R in my '68 Princeton Reverb. Un-friggin-believable volume boost from the C10Q speakers. THe P10R has a nice crunch, but is a bit underpowered for this PR (22 watts!). Email Ted and ask him what you want. He is usually spot on.:nelson

Weber

One 30w ceramic Blue Dog....'62 Brown Deluxe.......:whip........One 30w alnico and one 30w ceramic Blue Dog.......:ax........Victoria tweed Double Deluxe.......:boobs........One 30w alnico and one 50w Blue Dog.....Victoria tweed Low Power Twin........:drl............Can't say enough nice things about Ted Weber
    DAMN. I wish I could remember where I put them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C12b blue dawg in my Matchless (4 ohm)

8f125 in my Tophat (3.2 ohm)

Mini MASS in the Tophat

Ted rules.

Period