Thread: Long Weekend Sunday celebration!

Long Weekend Sunday celebration!

It's almost ten and nobody started the thread yet... I slept late which is a rare occurance for me, so here goes!!! Friday was recording day - new tune done except for harmonies. My singer, Ashley is VERY pregnant with twins so she is talking a hiatus for a while. Here's what we have so far... https://soundcloud.com/user-78574690...social_sharing

Not much planned for today... Need to work on vocals for the next song - it's going to be in a key much higher than normal for me, but my buddy Paul says I can do it... we'll see.

Have a great week everyone!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Long Weekend Sunday celebration!

cloudy seasonally cool day. dodged bullet last week on nor'easter gave my back a break. feeling a lot better and I'm working on my hip rehab again. Think I'm getting cabin fever, I can't believe how much I just want to go for a walk without it being a Mt Everest level expedition.

also jonesing to work on the basement, I need that music room even if I don't have any walls. I'm thinking of hanging some moving blankets to make a space that I can heat. It's cold down there.

got new window and slider in the kitchen last week, very impressed at how much quieter and warmer it is, makes me want to do all the windows now. I should do my office next. Bay window to replace the two double hung, boo yea.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I was up at 4:30 this morning but was reluctant to start the Sunday thread as it seemed last week’s discussion was about only one person should be responsible so I just hung back until done with the breakfast run.

A busy week for me as I finally have reached the end of the six month prep and receive my implanted tooth on Tuesday and also have a wisdom tooth removed at that appointment. Later, my wife and I will head out to a favorite dinner club for sauerbraten to celebrate our 37th anniversary so I hope the absent wisdom tooth causes no issues.

Wednesday is the annual visit with the accountant to get the taxes done, and Thursday it is time for a monthly afternoon get together with friends for Bloody Mary’s and BS.

Yippee, life is good!

Somebody dropped puppies off on an elderly couple who couldn't care for them, so I have them until a rescue organization will take them. It was crazy of me to agree to take them, but I thought for certain someone would want these sweet little guys. Our shelters are full. I would keep them if I didn't already have 3 big dogzeez in the house already. I used to work a lot from home and had time to train puppies. Now, I have few hours of wake time at home. I'm splitting with my gf, and she'll move her two big dogs out with her. Timeline for that is uncertain. Amicable split, and I'm not going to push her out the door. She's taking time to consider weigh her options and make plans since she'll move away from this area. I'm saying all of this not to gain pity but just to say life is too stressful now to take on puppies.

No matter what goes on in my life, music is soothing. I was playing my Tele last night and just thinking about how great Teles are. Hope I get some more time to play it today. Also wanting to get my piano set up again and start playing it more often. For a while, I was playing every day.

Hope you fellers have a wonderful week.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Well, I live in a rental home as we are looking to buy land and build a home. Last Tuesday they spring an inspection on us for this Wednesday (been here since Nov 2021). Well we never fully unpacked and the garage was a mess. Already had a storage unit so been busy every day putting stuff into consistent totes (out of boxes). Done enough to make a difference.

in the process I found the 2 guitar bodies I couldn’t find. Still need to find the pickups for 1 of them. Once that is done, I have everything to complete a Tele build.

My wife found some property that she’ll likely look at Tues. if it pans out, I’ll make an offer on the 2 lots (combined just under 6.25 acres)
    Mark

With every passing day, I feel more attuned to the concept that in retirement, every week has six Saturdays and one Sunday. I rarely set an alarm clocks and prefer to rise with the daylight. The sun is still not breaking until almost 7:00am and that's when I woke up today. Coffee, church, lunch and some pretty steady practice for Tuesday's show. Our theme for the night is The Blues, and I want to start off the show. Which is a major change for me. I'm hoping to set the mood for the evening with a rendition of Steve Goodman's "I Ain't Never Heard You Play No Blues." Short and sweet!

And because I'm retired, if GJ hadn't titled this thread "Long Weekend," I wouldn't have remembered. They're ALL long weekends now!

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Ummm, what is this "Long Weekend" you speak of?
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Ummm, what is this "Long Weekend" you speak of?
    Yeah. What of it?

I just did a bunch of walking. No guitar playing. Haven't touched it in a couple weeks.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.