Thread: WooHoo!!!! I get to start teh Sunday Thread!!!

WooHoo!!!! I get to start teh Sunday Thread!!!

Good Morning!!! It's supposed to rain today - thank goodness I got the lawn done yesterday. As I was putting the rider into the shed to put it away, the front tire fell off the rim. The mower is 15 years old and the wheels have been acting up. New ones on order.

Had a busy week - several nights out for work those sessions went great! Friday we went to see The Blind Boys of Alabama. I expected a good time, but the absolutely blew me away. I had a huge smile on my face throughout the entire show.

Have a great week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: WooHoo!!!! I get to start teh Sunday Thread!!!

Good Sunday, everyone! This portends to be a momentous week for me. I retire on Tuesday. I'm quite flattered that they're having a retirement dinner for me!

Thursday is my 72nd birthday.

And thus begins my "third" life. I don't know what to expect, but the die is cast and you can't turn back the clock.

My daughter has been on me for birthday gift ideas. I have none. In preparation for my retirement I have acquired those things that I need. From now on, I think it will only be things I need to get repaired! (Scratching my head for something dumb and useless).

Autumn weather today. I'm going to get in a run later today, but first it's coffee. Then church. No further plans. Sounds like I'm already retired, doesn't it?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I have two hours of processing photos from our county’s bicentennial celebration, a bit of regular Sunday chores, and I was stupid enough to say yes to a colleague and play an hour of guitar at her wedding reception in two weeks. Background music. I’m going to take a handful of Tylenol for arthritis pain. Can’t take ibuprofen because I’m on blood thinners. I’ll be playing a couple of recognizable songs, but I’m going to improvise the rest. I wish I hadn’t said yes. I bought tickets to a performance of Mozart’s Requiem that night. But she and her fiancé had heard me play a few times, and they’re both sweet, and so….

Next weekend, we’re going to take a weekend in a cabin in the mountains and then on Monday go to see Joe Bonamassa in concert. He’s a great player, but an evening of weedling is going to put me to sleep. Girlfriend bought tickets to surprise me.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

My Sunday started off a real bummer when I turned on the computer at 4:45 this morning to the news that my good friend and go to man for most of my music-related purchases for the last 45 years had passed away. I think just about every pro musician in Wisconsin knew Dennis at Uncle Bob's Music in Milwaukee and had deals with him at one time or another. It's truly the end of an era.

Hope all have a great Sunday and properous week.

condolences, Laker

leaves are falling all around, time I was on my way. Oops, didn't mean to quote Zep. But they are changing and dropping ever increasingly. The colors are very muted this year, don't believe the CoC trying to bugle "charge" to the leaf-peepers. If you had already planned your trip, fine. I just wouldn't take a spontaneous trip and expect much. Things are stubbornly green this year.

I need to hit Home Depot for some packing tape. I sold a pedal last night, it took four tries to get a legit buyer. "Is the item available for pickup?" Really? What part of "meet in a public place" did you not understand? Or the old "you can reply available to this <email link, supposedly>" what's wrong with the email you used to reply to my ad with? Neither one responded to my reply. Guy on Reverb sends me an "offer" and then asks if we can do the deal outside Reverb, on their own messaging system. I think his account got locked because I couldn't send him a reply to his offer. Finally late last night I got a real offer, and a better one for me at that.

Going to check out snowblowers while I'm at the Depot. Halfway through October, hate to think about it but snow ain't that far away.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Drove over to Brewster Cape Cod this morning and did a 25 mile ride. Should top 1300 miles this week on my summer
    bicycle riding odyssey. Big fun. Set out to do 1000 miles. Hit it and kept going.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Battling depression and anxiety this week. Had a gig last night and 2 today. That helped. Started working on 3 new songs for next week. Parts are coming in for a Tele build. Should have all of them by the end of the month. Still can’t find the body in the garage.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Good Sunday, everyone! This portends to be a momentous week for me. I retire on Tuesday. I'm quite flattered that they're having a retirement dinner for me!

Thursday is my 72nd birthday.

And thus begins my "third" life. I don't know what to expect, but the die is cast and you can't turn back the clock.

My daughter has been on me for birthday gift ideas. I have none. In preparation for my retirement I have acquired those things that I need. From now on, I think it will only be things I need to get repaired! (Scratching my head for something dumb and useless).

Autumn weather today. I'm going to get in a run later today, but first it's coffee. Then church. No further plans. Sounds like I'm already retired, doesn't it?
    Congratulations! At 71 I'm constantly wondering if it's time to call it a day. Frankly, I'm having too much fun to retire right now. I love getting Social Security on top of my salary.

Someday!!!!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    I love getting Social Security on top of my salary.
    Yeah, I enjoyed that, too. Of course, when tax season rolled around it was a different tune!

I spent my last few years of full employment stocking up on life's essentials. Like guitars!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!