Thread: Brought my '69 Princeton upstairs last night

Brought my '69 Princeton upstairs last night

as it has been posted earlier, i sold my Princeton Reverb a few weeks ago (thanks Telebob). Got to thinking I should try my '69 Princeton non-reverb again. it has been in the cellar for a while and I think I've only used it once since we moved here to the ranch house to test out my Marshall cabinet back when i first got it in '21. It was in storage the entire time during the 15 months at the apartment. I haven't played it much if at all since I got the PR in 2019.

I moved a bunch of stuff around and found the amp and brought it upstairs. Late last night, I plugged in with my R0. My goodness, I've forgotten how great this amp sounds even with the no-name 10" speaker in it. Sadly, I seemed to have injured my left index finger (feels like a splinter but I can neither see nor feel any object in the skin). I vaguely remember a similar injury but not how I did it nor how long it took to heal. I was playing like the house was burning down but the finger pain made me have to stop. If I were at a show I probably would push through but I don't see the point when playing alone.

Now to find the 12" baffle and the Weber Blue Dog speaker. Do you have to take the chassis out to remove the baffle on the cabinets with the screwed in baffles?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Brought my '69 Princeton upstairs last night

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    as it has been posted earlier, i sold my Princeton Reverb a few weeks ago (thanks Telebob). Got to thinking I should try my '69 Princeton non-reverb again. it has been in the cellar for a while and I think I've only used it once since we moved here to the ranch house to test out my Marshall cabinet back when i first got it in '21. It was in storage the entire time during the 15 months at the apartment. I haven't played it much if at all since I got the PR in 2019.

I moved a bunch of stuff around and found the amp and brought it upstairs. Late last night, I plugged in with my R0. My goodness, I've forgotten how great this amp sounds even with the no-name 10" speaker in it. Sadly, I seemed to have injured my left index finger (feels like a splinter but I can neither see nor feel any object in the skin). I vaguely remember a similar injury but not how I did it nor how long it took to heal. I was playing like the house was burning down but the finger pain made me have to stop. If I were at a show I probably would push through but I don't see the point when playing alone.

Now to find the 12" baffle and the Weber Blue Dog speaker. Do you have to take the chassis out to remove the baffle on the cabinets with the screwed in baffles?
    I just looked at my 1969 Super Reverb, and you shouldn't have to remove the chassis to remove the baffle, as long as you can reach all of the screws.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Re: Brought my '69 Princeton upstairs last night

I don't believe that I had to pull out the chassis when I swapped the 10" baffle to a 12" baffle in my Mojotone Princeton Reverb clone.

I think that I actually preferred the amp with the Eminence GA10-SC64 over the GA-SC64 that I put in it and might switch it back.