Thread: Soggy Sunday Morning!

Soggy Sunday Morning!

Good morning! It's going to rain all week, with a lot predicted for today. Luckily I got my lawn mowed Friday after work. Spending teh day being lazy. It's been a shile since I had a two-day weekend and I'm going to enjoy doing little. I will spend time prepping for my recording session next Friday. I think I'll bring my Tele with me this week. I've been spending a lot of time with it lately. Have a great week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Soggy Sunday Morning!

Rain here for the weekend, too. But it's supposed to clear tomorrow. It's actually been a pretty dry April and we've had fire warnings, which is unusual for this area. Since April showers bring May flowers, I'm not going to complain.

I should complain about the rough night, but I won't. A sour stomach kept me from getting my usual sound sleep. But it's Sunday. And I'll have lunch with my kids and grandkids, so that will be the highlight of the day. I changed the strings on my Martin OMC-15ME yesterday, and upon completion felt it was the best stringing/wrap job I've done in quite a while. But I'm not happy with the way the new strings (Martin Monel Retro) sound. I've been told to play them for a week, so I will. If that's the case, I wouldn't recommend them for quick changes on stage, or even pre-concert setup.

Today I plan to tackle the strings on my short scale Telecaster. I bought a set of Stringjoy Naturals in 11/50 because I want more of an acoustic guitar feel when I play. When I go electric, I wind up bending lighter strings without intending to. This will be an experiment. It has modern tuners, so it should be a breeze.

My back and leg have been giving me trouble, so I'm sitting here now with my full-charged Trans-dermal Electronic Nerve Stimulation (TENS) unit throbbing and pulsing away. So it's "coffee and TENS" for me this morning! I'll probably not go out in the rain for exercise, so we'll see what kind of other stimulus might come my way.

Stay well everyone. Stay dry if you can.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Rain has cleared, and West Tennessee has golden sun shining on its fields of wild and yellow flowers. Everything is green. I’m ignoring the plants and shrubs decimated by the hard freezes of winter.

After dog shelter biz, I’m spending part of the day learning about cameras. I’ve had a Nikon D3200 for a while and usually keep it on automatic. I use my iPhone for pics mostly, but the new job requires me to bone up on dedicated cameras. I’ll watch some YouTube videos and then go for a walk on this beautiful day and take the camera with me.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

To be 80's here in God's country!
    I'm meeting a fellow later on to make a guitar trade, he has an Eastwood Astrojet I thought might be fun to play with. Thinking oof tuning it GDAE like my mandolin.

It's hot an sunny here in the Sacramento area.
    I'm going to a grilled cheese festival. My daughter owns a food truck, so I'll see her setup for the first time. She sells only Vegan food... So I don't know what I'm in for...
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

very soggy day here as well, got areal flood warnings. Not raining this minute but the heavy stuff is coming later. I have got to get back into walking, weather be damned. I don't want to have to use my car to drive to the gym. The short 1 mile drive gets terrible mileage and I hate giving more money to the oil companies than necessary. While an EV would be perfect for that, I think a treadmill for the house would be cheaper.

forgot to ask my chiropractor for an adjustment on my left wrist this week and I'm only going every other week now. Been dealing with considerable aching since last week's sudden spurt of playing. Played last night, lots of hot water before and after. Found something really interesting with the tone knobs on my guitar interacting with the plugins for some cool sounds. Also found out that I can play as long as I want if I have a drum loop. Apparently before if I was just playing guitar, Logic would stop at 128 bars. I didn't always get that far but now that I'm getting more comfortable with playing extended pieces, it's nice to know I don't have to stop until I want to. Part of it is not having to wear headphones every damn time I play, very liberating. I probably won't be able to use my monitors if my brother were trying to watch TV or videos on his computer. All the more reasons to get my music room setup down cellar.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I'm about halfway between Gibsonjunkie and Dan, so it's about the same weather here.
    Downside of this rain is that we adopted a dog a couple weeks ago, and he needs tobe walked regularly.
    Outside. In the rain. I forgot the aroma of wet dog and how pervasive it is.
    My running club does a Couch to 5K progrgam each spring, so I was up and out this morning for that. managed to more or less dodge the heavier rain while we were out there.
    Planning on changing the water in my fish tank and probably repotting my veggie sprouts for the garden later, once i get my butt into gear.
    And play some guitar I hope.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

It’s a gray, drizzly day here on the west shore of Lake Michigan with temps right at that 40° mark so we brightened the day with a brunch get together with members of our Corvette Club. It was a fun way to enjoy this early spring day.

Last night we finished playing the first week of shows as the pit orchestra for for this year’s presentation, “Holiday Road”, the 51st annual production of our local fund raiser for the American Heart Association called Heart-A-Rama and we have our second set of shows this coming Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It was a fun first week! Our keyboard players were absent for this photo.

Been dealing with pnemonia all week. Have a band re-union gig on Friday and I'm not sure I'm going to be fit for it. All dizzy, wheezy and out of breath. Sucks!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    Been dealing with pnemonia all week. Have a band re-union gig on Friday and I'm not sure I'm going to be fit for it. All dizzy, wheezy and out of breath. Sucks!
    good luck. be well soon.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    You can't catch a break! Feel better, amigo!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Late to the thread. Too much drama going on. Spent a long weekend in FL with my best friend helping him through his divorce. Landed a new job while down there. Got back here and picked up mail to find out I’m being sued.
    Mark