Thread: Squire tuner fix

Forum Member

Squire tuner fix

All you got to do is remove that chrome cover and tighten that inside screw, no more dead spot and it will hold tune.

No real need to buy tuners. You just tighten that screw and they work Great.

Re: Squire tuner fix

great tip!
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Re: Squire tuner fix

Curious as to which design are you referring to? Squier, depending on the factory they are sourced from, utilizes about four different style tuners. Some enclosed and some with simple stamped sheetmetal crimped on covers.

And I agree wholeheartedly about your views on the "need to buy new tuners". Tuners either work, or they don't. Usually the "replacement" is twofold. 1. Ego. The cheap style tuners "need to be upgraded" not because of function, but the owner is trying to make his affordable instrument appear more high grade.
    2. Rumors. The common saying about low cost tuners are that all are defective. Hardly true, as today's production the mass produced tuners are quite functional. Only the far extreme über cheapo units ever fail. But that rumor has been with us for decades.

Sorry, didn't intend to hijack this thread.
    I forgot what I was going to say...