Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,760 of 1815

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

What'd you do to piss them off?

J/K. I've heard of pink paisley Telecasters, but I kind of figured they were unicorns. MIJ, right?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
    I like !
    The Mrs. has wanted one for a long time.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    What'd you do to piss them off?

J/K. I've heard of pink paisley Telecasters, but I kind of figured they were unicorns. MIJ, right?
    They're available, you just need and importer to bring it in. Sadly, Fender Japan is not "openly" sold in the US. They are PHENOMINAL instruments.

I know a place that has a few pink paisley Teles as well as the blue ones. They are often purchased as a set.

You can also routinely find them on Reverb.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    They're available, you just need and importer to bring it in. Sadly, Fender Japan is not "openly" sold in the US. They are PHENOMINAL instruments.

I know a place that has a few pink paisley Teles as well as the blue ones. They are often purchased as a set.

You can also routinely find them on Reverb.
    True confession. My buddy Paul gets really good fakes from a company in China. He promised Mrs. Junkie he'd give her a paisley tele if she quit smoking. Because she hasn't quit smoking, it became mine until that day she does quit.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

The SG is getting its stage debut this morning.
    Mark

Good playing with the SG, BOB

I like the Tele. China makes some good guitars these days.

Remember those James Burton Teles with black paisley? Those were powerfully handsome. I'm not one for loud finishes, but the Burton looks like you could wear a dinner jacket at a swanky club and rock in style.
    Last edited by ch willie; 12-20-2023 at 02:00 PM.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

The SG performed wonderfully (as expected). Not sure why I never owned one before.
    The wife got me a $100 gift card to Sweetwater. Well that's gone now. Ordered another Helix LT unit. None locally used that I saw, so grabbed it new off Sweetwater (they included a bag and some free patches) for $100 off normal.

Got tired of moving gear upstairs/downstairs/gig place 1/gig place 2/gig place 3/etc.

In my age, I'm becoming a lazy SOB LOL.

Now I can have a dedicated music room rig, until I need to leave gear at 2 places at the same time. (More of a rehearsal thing). I have grown to hate setting up gear for a rehearsal then tear it back down because I need it somewhere else the next day. Then get back the next day to set it up where it was originally. First world problems. I am blessed.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Good playing with the SG, BOB

I like the Tele. China makes some good guitars these days.

Remember those James Burton Tele's with black paisley? Those were powerfully handsome. I'm not one for loud finishes, but the Burton looks like you could wear a dinner jacket at a swanky club and rock in style.
    Black Paisley Tele? I'd like that! It would go well with my black paisley Gretsch Penguin.
    Mark

Black Paisley Tele? I'd like that! It would go well with my black paisley Gretsch Penguin.
    It's a must then.

(I hate it when I use the possessive apostrophe. I know better, just get in a hurry.)
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Not within the past 48 hours, but within the last ten days...

I subscribe to a website called "SlickDeals." I get emails daily with great deals on guitars and other things. I DO NOT need any more guitars but when SlickDeals told me about limited time offers at Adorama, I could not help myself.

This Fender Vintera 50s Telecaster in Sonic Blue was offered at half price, that being $549 (regular price $1099). Hit the "buy it now" button without a second thought.

This Fender Vintera 60s Jazz Bass showed up the week prior, also at half price $599 (regular price $1199). Again, easy decision to add one to the cart. Wasn't liking the red tortoise pickguard and I've already changed it out for aged white pearl. Looks so much better!

Adorama has a couple other half-price deals; a Vintera 60s Stratocaster in Ice Blue Metallic, and a Vintera 50s Precision Bass in Dakota Red, both at $549, in case you are in the market. Here's the link:

https://slickdeals.net/f/17174113-fe...0&band=4#post2
    Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

Nice catch(es)! I too, check SlickDeals, and have bought some great gear from them (usually, but not always Adorama). I started there because Adorama is a highly regarded photography store, and they've branched out (like so many others). I used to have a premier membership that was given to me, but I think it's expired.

In fact, my Fender Classic Player Triple Telecaster was a purchase from SlickDeals/Adorama. I also bought my Monoprice 15-Watt, 1x12 Guitar Combo Tube Amp with Celestion Speaker and Spring Reverb after spotting it on SlickDeals.

Striving to be ordinary

Recently spent several thou on photo gear there. Great service.

Parts to wind a neck P94 for one of my Les Pauls.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    Not within the past 48 hours, but within the last ten days...

I subscribe to a website called "SlickDeals." I get emails daily with great deals on guitars and other things. I DO NOT need any more guitars but when SlickDeals told me about limited time offers at Adorama, I could not help myself.

This Fender Vintera 50s Telecaster in Sonic Blue was offered at half price, that being $549 (regular price $1099). Hit the "buy it now" button without a second thought.

This Fender Vintera 60s Jazz Bass showed up the week prior, also at half price $599 (regular price $1199). Again, easy decision to add one to the cart. Wasn't liking the red tortoise pickguard and I've already changed it out for aged white pearl. Looks so much better!

Adorama has a couple other half-price deals; a Vintera 60s Stratocaster in Ice Blue Metallic, and a Vintera 50s Precision Bass in Dakota Red, both at $549, in case you are in the market. Here's the link:

https://slickdeals.net/f/17174113-fe...0&band=4#post2
    Two great scores!
    Mark

Grabbed a MF stupid deal of the day. Adams Audio powered subwoofer to augment my studio monitors. Yeah it’s a discontinued model, but a $500 SW for $200 is still decent.
    Mark

Snark Black Silver tuner for those times when you need to get snarky! LOL.

I have two tuners on my pedal board, and I keep a Snark on hand for those who don't, ha!
    I can't stand playing when someone is out of tune!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Ordered a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover bridge pickup and some brass E-serts from Faber. They replace the bushing and post for ABR1 bridges with a chunk of nickel-plated brass that's the bushing & post made into a single piece.

Quote Originally Posted by WoundUp View Post
    Ordered a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover bridge pickup and some brass E-serts from Faber. They replace the bushing and post for ABR1 bridges with a chunk of nickel-plated brass that's the bushing & post made into a single piece.
    You need the "Sustain Sisters".

I find it interesting that people will pay half a million dollars for guitars with the original ABR1 and pickups to get the sound that made the bursts legendary, but other seem to feel that isn't adequate.

What sonic property of your guitar are you trying to change and why? Most people seem to want the ABR1 with the original mounting which is minimalistic to say the least!

Chuck

long story short, found a DSL 401 for sale by original owner, 2 hours away. We agreed to meet halfway. Amp has been serviced recently and is in decent shape. No foot pedal but then I never unboxed the pedal I had with my first one let alone used it. I don't know if I sold it or if it's still in a box in the basement. My guitars all sound great through this. I may sell the DSL 201 that I got last year but first a shoot out to compare the two. Now I regret selling my a/b/y pedal.

"Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    long story short, found a DSL 401 for sale by original owner, 2 hours away. We agreed to meet halfway. Amp has been serviced recently and is in decent shape. No foot pedal but then I never unboxed the pedal I had with my first one let alone used it. I don't know if I sold it or if it's still in a box in the basement. My guitars all sound great through this. I may sell the DSL 201 that I got last year but first a shoot out to compare the two. Now I regret selling my a/b/y pedal.

I've had several of these as well as a DSL 201. They're fun amps. It's surprising how different the 201 sounded compared to the 401. That one looks pretty clean.

I don't want to buy anything anymore, but I wish I could borrow a Marshall like that occasionally. The Les Paul almost cries for one when I talk to it.

Don, that Jester looks interestesting. Really useful looking boost and od and no-nonsense controls. Price is boutique as hell, though. Worth it, in your opinion?

Another Rickenbacker from Sweetwater. My sales engineer, Kurt Martin, offered me a great price and we closed the deal today! Here's a link to the Sweetwater page showing the guitar:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...?serial=235786

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    Another Rickenbacker from Sweetwater. My sales engineer, Kurt Martin, offered me a great price and we closed the deal today! Here's a link to the Sweetwater page showing the guitar:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...?serial=235786
    Beautiful. I love my 330. They are more versatile guitars than reputed.

Don, that Jester looks interestesting. Really useful looking boost and od and no-nonsense controls. Price is boutique as hell, though. Worth it, in your opinion?
    It depends on what you consider to be "worth it". I have OD pedals that I think actually sound as good, maybe even little better than this one, but the feel and how it reacts to playing is better than any other OD pedal I've used. It really feels connected to the amp. As a "tool" for a working musician, you could save a lot of money and get the job done just as well with a much less expensive OD pedal- unless the feel of the pedal inspires you to play better.
    I bought it used for a little less than they sell for new and it was worth it to me.

If you like it, it’s worth it. I thought I was through buying pedals, but I’d like something to give me a Marshall like tone. Doesn’t have to be an exact replication, just something at least close when the Deluxe and Les Paul are doing the deed.

If you like it, it’s worth it. I thought I was through buying pedals, but I’d like something to give me a Marshall like tone. Doesn’t have to be an exact replication, just something at least close when the Deluxe and Les Paul are doing the deed.
    I bought a used Xotic SL drive recently for that kind of sound. They're fairly inexpensive, easy to find, and seem to be really well built. They actually fit a battery in that tiny little thing! I haven't had much time to experiment, but I think it'll get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I bought a used Xotic SL drive recently for that kind of sound. They're fairly inexpensive, easy to find, and seem to be really well built. They actually fit a battery in that tiny little thing! I haven't had much time to experiment, but I think it'll get the job done.
    Tempting!!!!

I’m thinking of starting a sister thread: What haven’t you bought guitar related in the past 48 hours?

any takers?
    I can start it with a 70s Gibson J-200
    Mark

I’m thinking of starting a sister thread: What haven’t you bought guitar related in the past 48 hours?

any takers?
    I can start it with a 70s Gibson J-200
    Ha ha, start that on a separate thread. It could be a lot of fun.

Oh geez, I may be on that thread a lot.
    Striving to be ordinary

I traded for this 1998 G&L ASAT Special today. Why'd I wait so long to try one?

G&L—Excellent guitars

As it’s been usual to me, my latest buy wasn’t exactly guitar related, but definitely music related.

I got a skulls and roses sterling silver ring, which I’ll wear in my picking hand when I gig and during photo sessions of my studio work.

Skulls, Roses… Grateful Dead and Keith Richards certainly are references, and I wanted something less flashy than Keith’s skull ring… Plus I like sterling silver. They say it helps keeping werewolves and vampires away, right?

Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    As it’s been usual to me, my latest buy wasn’t exactly guitar related, but definitely music related.

I got a skulls and roses sterling silver ring, which I’ll wear in my picking hand when I gig and during photo sessions of my studio work.

Skulls, Roses… Grateful Dead and Keith Richards certainly are references, and I wanted something less flashy than Keith’s skull ring… Plus I like sterling silver. They say it helps keeping werewolves and vampires away, right?

Bling bling, guitar slinger.

Yesterday I ordered this one:

Gretsch Electromatic Pristine LTD Center Block Double-Cut Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar with Bigsby - White Gold

And this case to put it in:

Gretsch G6267 16" Thin Hollowbody Case

My Sweetwater team gave me a great deal on this pair.

Bling bling, guitar slinger.

lol that’s the idea

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    Plus I like sterling silver. They say it helps keeping werewolves and vampires away, right?
    Only if you marinade it in fresh garlic juice.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Only if you marinade it in fresh garlic juice.

that might help regarding the vampires but I’m
    afraid that the acidic garlic juice would corrode the 1911’s blued finish