Thread: Sunday morning and coffee

Sunday morning and coffee

better late than never, I guess.

I went to the coast last night, weather was beautiful, almost full moon, very very few clouds so rain was a non-threat. Some buddies of mine were playing at Salisbury, MA and it has been such a long time since I've done anything on a Saturday night.

The band was great as usual, the sparse crowd was appreciative. The emptiness of the sidewalks and streets, on a nice summer saturday night, at a classic summer hotspot spoke volumes about how deep this recession is. As did the formerly 24 hour gas stations I passed with my needle tickling the bottom line on the gauge, then scratching the underside of that line. I made it ok, though.

We just had a few incredibly nice days, sunny, mild (not even 80 degrees), breezy. Our payment commences today, the heat and humidity are coming in even as I type. Going to head to the flea market, never know what you might find.

Re: Sunday morning and coffee

Mornin', Dan! Mornin', all!

Just woke up. I guess I needed 12 hours of sleep (?!!?).

Having coffee. Going to drop off the ASAT Special for a set up in a little bit. Then off to walk the book stores.
    Time wounds all heels.

It's a beautiful morning in Iowa! Got our baby boy baptized last night. We finalize his adoption Monday morning. All is good.

Forum Member

Morning all. The weather's not so nice here in SW Connecticut. Maybe I'll put a chicken in my smoker and sit on the stoop with my acoustic and entertain myself while it cooks. Nothing else to do. Have a good day and a good week.
    Last edited by mark jacobs; 08-09-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    "I got murder in my heart for the judge."

Working on a Masco PA amp.
    Just recapping for now until I make a decision what to to with it.
    2x6SC7 pre, 6SJ7 pi, 2x6L6, and a 5V4 recto.
    Pondering a 5F6A or JTM 45.

Anyone know where to buy an octal-to-9 pin conversion socket?
    I need about ten of them for these conversions.

Went out for a walk this morning, going to be a hot and humid day in Madison. If Jerry's on how was the gig last night? How did you like the EH in the DRRI?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowegan View Post
    It's a beautiful morning in Iowa! Got our baby boy baptized last night. We finalize his adoption Monday morning. All is good.
    Can't beat that one, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by mark jacobs View Post
    Morning all. The weather's not so nice here in SW Connecticut. Maybe I'll put a chicken in my smoker later chicken later and sit on the stoop with my acoustic and entertain myself while it cooks. Nothing else to do. Have a good day and a good week.
    Sounds like a good plan.
    Hot enough here to just put the chicken in the grille, close the cover, and check it in 8 hours.
    No fuel required!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    Sounds like a good plan.
    Hot enough here to just put the chicken in the grille, close the cover, and check it in 8 hours.
    No fuel required!
    Wrong! 3-4 cold.brewskis are the fuel I require to get the job done properly :-)
    "I got murder in my heart for the judge."

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Sounds like a good plan.
    No fuel required!
    LOLOL!

Creole chicken-and-rice casserole here. Some Texas Toast, an arugula-and-dandelion salad dressed with Green Goddess and I'm good to go.

Re-painted the baffle on my '65 Dual Showman cabinet and had it leaning on a tree in the backyard to dry. Caught one of my cats eyeballing it like it needed to be "marked" as territory. What is it about these felines and my Fender amps? Last week I caught one of them maggots climbing up the front of the old grill cloth (when it was still stapled to the baffle)!

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Somewhere between mile marker #24 and mile marker #856

Afternoon... *sigh* this day has gone to hell in a handbasket. I think I am going to go find a rock to get under until this time next week.

been a lazy day here in the nations's capital. overcast, warm, slightly humid - avoided a real cooker of a day with the sun being behind the clouds. Just about to kick back with a couple of Coronas and work on some material for Tuesday's band practice.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    LOLOL!

Creole chicken-and-rice casserole here. Some Texas Toast, an arugula-and-dandelion salad dressed with Green Goddess and I'm good to go.

Re-painted the baffle on my '65 Dual Showman cabinet and had it leaning on a tree in the backyard to dry. Caught one of my cats eyeballing it like it needed to be "marked" as territory. What is it about these felines and my Fender amps? Last week I caught one of them maggots climbing up the front of the old grill cloth (when it was still stapled to the baffle)!

I know the feeling.
    Once asked why I keep the much valued DRand 2x12 in the garage instead of in the "jam room", it is so the kitties won't get after the grille cloth. They aren't allowed in the garage except as a pass-through to the great outdoors.

scored a couple of tools at the flea market, an old style nail set and a scribe awl. A buck each. I need a small pry bar, a square, one of those screwdrivers that also doubles as a nut driver, and a tool belt. Wish I had thought about this a long time ago.

I'm on the hunt for a left handed tele for my nephew. I guess we'll be giving it to him for christmas. I bought a used left handed squire strat, cashing in the 69 dollar credit from the crate amp i returned, and 30 bucks out the door. My fingers are so abused from playing it upside down today.

Good stuff, Dan.
    I have to stay away from the "Tool Guy" at the flea market.
    Far too tempting!
    I just don't have the room, and would end up just like him, trying to rid of the stuff.

Good stuff, Dan.
    I have to stay away from the "Tool Guy" at the flea market.
    Far too tempting!
    I just don't have the room, and would end up just like him, trying to rid of the stuff.
    I have no choice, I need tools. I wish I could have snagged my old boss' gear when he moved to FL after the intervention. I just didn't have the money. His former employer cleaned out the loft he had rented from them, and kept the tools in lieu of back rent. My tool belt was in there. It wasn't much, just the essential hand tools, which I'm replacing now. Power tools will be a much slower step, I need to make places to store stuff.

Jah, that hurts.
    You will succeed, all too well.

late, i know, but today has been a "kickaround". cleaned up the garage some, painted a couple of pedals, before all that i took a nap midafternoon. it's been a pretty good day so far.

by the by, i bbq'ed me steak tonight. it was that, or a frozen pizza... i think i picked the better choice.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Save the pizza for breakfast, Chuck.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

Save the pizza for breakfast, Chuck.

Man-rule number 124;
    Breakfrast pizza shall be eaten cold only.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    Afternoon... *sigh* this day has gone to hell in a handbasket. I think I am going to go find a rock to get under until this time next week.
    Ahh, the human condition. Thats just the way the old ball crumbles.
    I know there will be some great times ahead !

LOLOL!

They like doin' that for some reason...

granted it was on old line 6 amp that my buddy gave to me but still! Once she got up there she realized what the goods were

Hope you enjoyed that meal Rog! I'll be expecting leftoers shipped my way via Next day air mail
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009