Thread: check out my modified and hot rodded bigsby! neil young fans beware!

check out my modified and hot rodded bigsby! neil young fans beware!

http://hometown.aol.com/mopedals/myh...e/profile.html

thanks to BLUEFROGS13 for hosting the pic, and curtisstetka for the tele body it is going on. you guys are good people.

and here are the details

the space between the front rollers has been milled out so the distance between the inside is 2 1/2". then the old roller was junked and two independent rollers were made out of brass and stell tubing to make two new rollers. the 3 high strings and the 3 low strings rotate seperate from eachother.

the pins were pulled and the holes drilled out so the strings mount thru the back bar. also the arm was taken off, the little spring on the inside was removed. a spacer was built to go bewtween the arm and mounting part. then where the screw comes thru a sleeve was put in there to take up the slack from where that little spring was pulled. and two nuts were put on, one acting as a jam nut.

we also went tru and took out all of the slop of the bar where the strings mount. this is crucial for a good feel and good tuning stability.

this is the same exact mod that the carl perkin's custom shop blue sparkle "go cat go" tele's bigsby has.

i must thank my buddy alan hamel for this. he is the one who came up with and executed this mod. and i will tell you that this thing feels awesome now! it is also a real deal fender licensed bigsby. i don't know if you can see it in the pic but it has the big "F" on it.

can't wait to get this tele put together. it is going to be awesome. i think i am going to follow thru with the thinline conversion.

if anyone has questions please ask. i'd be glad to help.

chuck

:blbros
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

TFF Stage Crew

Re: check out my modified and hot rodded bigsby! neil young fans beware!

Looks sweet.

Be sure and post some pics when you get her together.

i will, should be done in about two weeks. working on a tight budget. but it'll get done.

Looks kool Chuck. I am gonna MAKE time to install my new stick and swap the threaded brass saddles this weekend. I'll post pics here...just to get ya moving faster... :lol
    Hopeless modaholic...

fezz parka

Alan is the friggin best...Built a bunch of stuff for my buddy Elliot Easton.

You will dig the wiggle stick!

he is the best. i always get to hear a couple elliot easton stories whenever i talk to him.

Well, I could'nt wait...the extra length give more leverage and I can do subtle finger tip vibrato AND grab it and go Neil Young on it too. Works much better than the stock crowbar, just feels better all around. Mark is just killing me with his stainless steel work. The threaded brass saddles work great..no slips. Wish they were thicker like my comp set..but meh, Ebay ya know. It's really fun to use now. Hurry up Chuck! :lol
    Hopeless modaholic...

oh great, the competition seems to be lapping me! :hee

man that looks great! just wow, you're crazy brian!

Old Tele man

ButNut--aha! you've just discovered one of the NICE features of my Jaguar "whammy"...the L-O-N-G handle "fits" nicely into the hand as I play over the neck pickup (remember I play chordal jazz).

ELLIOT EASTON IS KILLER AND ALL YOU TELE MODERS SHAME ON YOU ALL TEARIN THEM SWEETBOL GUITARS APART LMAO IM JOKIN YOURE ALL GREAT IM AMAZED AT THE WORKMANSHIP I LIKE TELES I LOVE GREEN KILLER GUITAR

CHUCKOCASTER IS REALLY INTO HIS MODDED TELE I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE SHOTS CHUCK

I KNO YOURE DOIN SOME WICKED IDEAS ON IT CHUCK YOU KNO
    YOU GUYS RULE
    IF YA NEED GUITAR REPAIRS IM DA MAN LMAO
    SEE ALL I GOT IS A FEW DOZEN CLAW HAMMERS A JACK HAMMER AND A PRY BAR AND PAIR OF VISEGRIPS I THINK I AM GOIN INTO MANDOLIN BUILDIN
    CHUCKOCASTER DROP ME A LINE OR I WILL CALL YOU TOMORRO BRO OK?

SO IF ANYIONE NEEDS SOME GUITAR TECH MY HAMMERS I CAN SLAM THEM NEW FRETS IN AND I CAN ADD ANY PICKUP WITH THE JACK HAMMER
    JUST ASK

IM JOKIN ABOUT MY CHOICE OF TOOLS FOR REPAIRS HAVE HAMMER WILL FIX

I LOVE GUITAR BUILDIN YOU GUYS RULE IN THEM TELES SERIOUSLY OTM I LOVE THA TELE ITS SWEET LOOKIN
    YOU ALL RREALLY MAKE KILLER TELES ALL MODED IM NOT THA BALLSY TO GO TO THEM EXTREMES I NEED BALLS
    LOL YOU ALL ARE BRAIN SCIENTISTS ON TELES I WAS LOOKIN AT THE BRIDGES AND IM IN AWE IT LOOKS SO TIME CONSUMIN IM AMAZED AND BLOWN AWAY
    I WISH I COULD CONJURE THE NERVES TO TEAR INTO MY BLACK TELE
    I CANT BRING MYSELF TO DO SO

SO SOMEDAY I WILL HAVE CHUCKOCASTER BUILD ME UP A KILLER TELE CLONE
    STRAT ASSEMBLIN I LOVE SAME FOR STOCKK TELES BUT YOU ALL ARE GENIUSES IN THE BRIDGE TREMOLO LINGO

EVA SINCE I SEEN OTM'S TELE I WAS AMAZED AT ITS UNIQUENESS IT IS SWEET LOOKIN
    THA BABY MUST SING WITH THEM JAZZ CHORDS BRO I LIKE IT
    YOU ALL KICK SERIOUS BUTT MODDIN TELES
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS