Thread: Freedom

Freedom

I'm a fan of Easy Rider. Many great moments in that film, but this is probably the greatest.

I often remember that monologue when I hit the road to play a gig or even for band practice. Being a long haired guitarist in a band in my 40s, playing the music I love live and seeing the people dancing to it, lighting a cigarette while taking a break for roadside coffee stretching my legs during road trips, these small things are the last glimpses of freedom I still can point out in these sad times we're living.

What does freedom mean to you?
    Last edited by S. Cane; 09-19-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Forum Member

Re: Freedom

My freedom isn't limited as long as I'm a law abiding citizen.

To me there's a tad more to it.

Even when you are a percect law abiding citizen, society (especially the Government) smothers you with everything it can. Moral rules (we need some, but not so many), restrictive laws, hell, you can't even sneeze without someone admoesting you these days.

You live standing accused of being yourself. And if you stand up for who you are and want to be, you'll be frowned upon and called unfit.

you gotta fight

for your right

to PARRRRR TAAAY
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    To me there's a tad more to it.

Even when you are a percect law abiding citizen, society (especially the Government) smothers you with everything it can. Moral rules (we need some, but not so many), restrictive laws, hell, you can't even sneeze without someone admoesting you these days.

You live standing accused of being yourself. And if you stand up for who you are and want to be, you'll be frowned upon and called unfit.
    Age has something to do with it, in my case (opinion). I have reached a point in life where it no longer matters to me what others think of me. I dress the way I please, I drive what I please, I eat what I please -- I don't try to please others. That's my freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Age has something to do with it, in my case (opinion). I have reached a point in life where it no longer matters to me what others think of me. I dress the way I please, I drive what I please, I eat what I please -- I don't try to please others. That's my freedom!

I have been living this way for the last 30 years it truly is freedom..

Leavin' the toilet seat up.
    I have decided to be happy because it's good for my health.