Thread: Dual Showman Cabinet

Forum Member

Dual Showman Cabinet

I have a Dual Showman cabinet sitting in my garage that I have owned for 50 years. I pulled it down today and it has a Serial # inside of F020767. It also has 2-15" Diaphonic speakers from Jordon Electronics. The cabinet is in fair condition with Fender nameplate still intact. Can anybody give me any insight on the value of this cabinet?

Thank you

Re: Dual Showman Cabinet

Pictures might help.

How to post pictures:
    https://www.thefenderforum.com/forum...-Photos-on-TFF

Deleted.

Once again I've let my temper get the best of me.

Some say I have a short temper, I prefer to say I have a quick and assertive reaction to B.S.

Maybe in this case, not so quick. But why post anything if you're not willing to acknowledge an answer?

Best of luck, flecsy.
    Last edited by vinyl; 09-17-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
    Pictures might help.

How to post pictures:
    https://www.thefenderforum.com/forum...-Photos-on-TFF
    I would love to post a picture, but this seemed like a really roundabout way of doing it. I was simply trying to get a ballpark idea of whether this cabinet is worth $50 or $500.

Cabinet dimensions?. Does it have casters? Color of the grill cloth. Is the speaker baffle mounted by screws or glued in? Are there any numbers stamped on the speakers? Jordon Electronics made solid state amps during the 60's and 70's. Some of them had Altec Lansing speakers. I doubt they made their own speakers. All of that would help determine value.

So at this point, the value is closer to $500 than $50.00. Does it weigh more than 70 lbs? Dimensions and weight will affect shipping costs.
    If someone wants it, the more they have to pay in shipping costs will determine what they are willing to pay for it.
    Maybe you can sell it locally. Collectors might be willing to pay more.

So at this point, based on the details you've provided,(practically none, other than it's approximately 50 years old) it's worth whatever you can get for it, like everything else thrown up on ebay or Reverb.

So, I get you think you are asking a simple question, and you want to get the most you can, but it's not really a simple question.

If you put it up on ebay or reverb, you're still going to have to do pictures.

Forum Member

Without the JBL's and accompanying grill logo I would guess it will be in the lower end of the range. If is good shape I would guess 3-350. Great shape maybe 400. Alright without original speakers probably 200. So-so shape you will have a hard time selling it.

This is my opinion. And worth the paper it is written on.

Not many are looking for something that big anymore and 15's scare people off (though that is usually because they have not tried them).

You might push it as a bass cabinet. Many bass players considered them the best.

I had and loved Dual Showmans. I lugged 2 2-15 JBL cabinets for years.

Wish I never sold them...