Thread: Wouldn't it be nice!

Forum Member

Wouldn't it be nice!

Ch Willie got me to thinking in another thread, but wouldn't it be nice to go back to when the prudes were here in the USA. My grandpaw was a Baptist preacher, and I don't think we were even supposed to kiss the girls before we were married! Those rotten kids with long hair were smoking pot, and that horrible music! I remember riding in his car in Jacksonville looking for a radio station,(I was about 10), I found a gospel station, and he told me to change the channel, we don't listen to "that" kind of music. I told him they were singing about Jesus, "well that's not the proper way".
    Fast forward to today, and "the religion of peace,(perpetual outrage), dominates the discourse. They stone to death a woman who has been raped, not the perpetrator. If you don't believe their way, their book says to cut off your head! Their book also says there will be no peace untill everyone is a believer, or dead.
    Dyed in the wool liberals who would fight to the death to put a crucifix in a jar of urine, or remove a Christmas scene from a public place are now telling us to "tone down the rhetoric" lest we offend the muslims!
    Wouldn't it be great to go back to the days when the ministers said we would all go to hell for listening to Elvis?

Re: Wouldn't it be nice!

it's all a bit confusing to me.. depends which way the wind is blowing..

This state got a new battery plant (for cars, I guess) should keep some construction crews busy and employ a couple hundred people over on this side. FWIW -I happen to be on the west side of the state, some a**hole informed us this week that Detroit DESERVED to have it over there (east side) the a**hole does not even live in this state! He never misses an opportunity to grab a headline or stir up some sh*t

end of almost political rant
    do I look like I know what I'm doing?

I think it would be great to go back to a time when
    • the people who talked the loudest weren't the people most listened to
    • education was something to be aspired to
    • science was considered both positive and an answer to both current problems and the future
    • people thought for themselves rather than parroting "talking points"
    • greed was considered a negative trait
    • compassion was considered a positive trait
    • people accepted responsibility for their own actions
    • people accepted other people of different religions as merely "different" rather than pure evil
    • Were more concerned about the positive than the negative

I can live without some idealized bullshit recollection of the 50's. What I can't live without is mutal respect and courtesy.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n View Post
    • science was considered both positive and an answer to both current problems and the future
    • people accepted other people of different religions as merely "different" rather than pure evil

I can live without some idealized bullshit recollection of the 50's. What I can't live without is mutal respect and courtesy.
    This thread is not worthy of a reply except that what Kap'n said bears repeating.

Forum Member

Kap'n We used to think of people that way, but the current world situation makes the muslim world not different, but a scary place for anyone who does not believe their way! There are no "moderate" muslims, their book does not allow that. They are directed to convert the world to a sharia law by "fire and the sword". "There will be no peace untill the world is under sharia law", (the local cleric makes the laws). They also are also directed to lie to others to advance their movement.
    Not sure if you know that the "peace and love" first part of the koran is negated by the latter part which preaches intollerance. " Those verses which conflict will be witnessed to be the last written".
    I don't know if you heard that the mosque close to the WTC site was called the Cordoba project. This goes back to the time that the moors invaded Spain, and converted to cathederal in Cordoba to a mosque to show everyone that they are the only religion. The WTC site is to be a monument to the idiots who killed 3000 people, and to show their people how stupid we are to allow them to control us.

Bill, you’re right. It would be nice if people not of my kind, people not born in the country of my heritage left it on the next boat or ship. Taking with them their attitudes, their religion, their intent to create civil unrest.. Why are they meddling in the country that is my heritage? Why do they want to inflict their political views, their outlook, their culture upon me? After all, it is people like me that repelled the British, kept the Soviets at bay.Why should any other newcomers be any different?
    Last edited by Kap'n; 09-10-2010 at 07:27 PM.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

TFF Stage Crew

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older
    Then we wouldn't have to wait so long
    And wouldn't it be nice to live together
    In the kind of world where we belong

Bill,

You post is nothing but a so-called christian conservative taking a shot at moslems and liberals.

Take that shit somewhere else.

I am fucking sick of it.

Wouldn't it be nice -

If people used this as a guitar forum, like it used to be.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Bill,

You post is nothing but a so-called christian conservative taking a shot at moslems and liberals.

Take that shit somewhere else.

I am fucking sick of it.

Wouldn't it be nice -

If people used this as a guitar forum, like it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n View Post

BRAVO !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    There are no "moderate" muslims, their book does not allow that. They are directed to convert the world to a sharia law by "fire and the sword".
    Richard Thompson is a Muslim and has been since the 70s. I've never heard of a hidden verse in 1952 Vincent Black Lightning where Molly gets her head cut off for speaking to a man she's not married to, or a bit where she gets beaten for taking off her Burka to ride the motorbike. :/

Aren't you basically saying "it would be nice to go back to a time where Christians were telling you you were going to hell for listenhing to rock music, rather than nowadays when Muslims tell you you're going to hell for a stackload of other stuff"? Because, you know, there's still a few people in the church who do that kind of thing...
    i bet this really annoy's you if your a grammar freak.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    Kap'n We used to think of people that way, but the current world situation makes the muslim world not different, but a scary place for anyone who does not believe their way! There are no "moderate" muslims, their book does not allow that. They are directed to convert the world to a sharia law by "fire and the sword". "There will be no peace untill the world is under sharia law", (the local cleric makes the laws). They also are also directed to lie to others to advance their movement.
    Not sure if you know that the "peace and love" first part of the koran is negated by the latter part which preaches intollerance. " Those verses which conflict will be witnessed to be the last written".
    I don't know if you heard that the mosque close to the WTC site was called the Cordoba project. This goes back to the time that the moors invaded Spain, and converted to cathederal in Cordoba to a mosque to show everyone that they are the only religion. The WTC site is to be a monument to the idiots who killed 3000 people, and to show their people how stupid we are to allow them to control us.
    Congratulations Bill. You have single-handedly turned me into the very thing I worked my ass off to rid TFF of two years ago.

But, so be it. That's one of life's sweet ironies I guess.

You are an intolerant, ignorant asshole. Post anything like this again and I will permanently ban you. Email me to argue about it and I will permanently ban you. Email me to discuss the weather and I will permanently ban you. Comment about it in another post and I will permanently ban you.

This applies to nobody but you, Bill Moore.

Misspell a fucking word in another post and I will ban you.

With any kind of luck I have managed not to be opaque. Find somewhere else to hang out.