Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

Re: What Have You Bought Guitar-Related In The Past 48 Hours?

me no see em, only white question mark in blue square with white border
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

With photobucket charging, tinypic having been shut down and me being unable to use flickr or google photos for third party hosting, I couldn’t post the pic. Sad times.

Forum Member

Wouldn't it be great if the forum would upgrade to photo hosting like all the others?

I use imgur with reasonable success. you just have to edit the copied url to make them work.

copied url blah blah.i.imgur.blah blah blah

delete out that extraneous i. and you're good to go

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if the forum would upgrade to photo hosting like all the others?

That would be great

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I use imgur with reasonable success. you just have to edit the copied url to make them work.

copied url blah blah.i.imgur.blah blah blah

delete out that extraneous i. and you're good to go
    I might be getting old, at last.

You see, I like all thing "as they've always been". I like visiting the same guitar forums, using the same pic hostings. This is one of the reasons why I like this forum so much. It's old and I've been a member since I got my first Fender Strat.

That calm and warm sensation of "I'll sit in front of my computer, open the same pic host site I've always used and where I keep all my old pictures and post the new ones into albums, host a pic, copy the link and post it into my good old Fender Forum".

I used Photobucket as my pic stash site for a good handful of years, it was like home. I don't want to pay for hosting pictures, though. I already pay a lot and I live in a country where US Dollars are expensive. So I dumped it. Switched to tinypic, which was less agile and practical, but it was about the same age and I used it for about 10 years. Then they shut down tinypic. Oh hell!

Anyway, I really don't feel comfortable using another site that will make me open a new account, figure out another login and password, stash aaaaaaaaall my pics into it... just to see it become expensive or be shut down just the same way. Plus, I don't like imgur, flickr and such...

Sorry for the long rant in the wrong thread. Just letting it out.

Edit. I remembered that I had an Imageshack account that I never used. Tried it, and there it is. Now you can see the God damn knife...
    Last edited by S. Cane; 08-28-2019 at 08:21 AM.

That's the problem of "free." Free isn't always a good business model, and frequently becomes "not free." I pay for photo hosting on smugmug.com, but then I'm an amateur photographer and enjoy having access to my favorite photos no matter where I might be (as long as I have Internet access).

I theoretically bought it a week and a half ago, but my Strymon Flint arrived today.I had a chance to use it with my Dr. Z Cure (in front of the amp and in the loop) with my Strat and ES335 and like it a lot. I'm really fussy about tremolo pedals and this one is nice, especially the harmonic tremolo. The pedal is quiet and the tremolo doesn't overdrive the Cure's loop like my VHT Melo-Verb does.

I bought this pedal to use standalone when I don't have my pedalboard (which has a Voodoo Lab Tremolo and Neunaber Spring on it) but I'd like to try it at a bbq gig and jam this weekend. Maybe the Flint, Cure and ES335 with no OD pedal for the jam portion.

as a gear slut, I feel that disclosure is half the fun. I had been waiting for another stellar LP with a dark DARK board to show up, and if and only if it sounded as good as, or better than my current R0, would I entertain the idea of parting with it.

I saw such a specimen, an R0 at my friend's shop and I called the next day. The day after (yesterday) I went up to check it out. As I was playing it, Mark suggested I try an R9 he had. The necks were virtually identical, the Carmelita carve of the R9 was unlike any i had played before, very reminiscent of my R0.

I thought about it and then decided. I had a credit card with a zero balance and sufficient credit to buy it. When we sell my parents' house, I'll have way more than enough money to pay it off. Rather than trade one of the best Les Paul I've ever encountered, I bought it a stable mate. Think Dickie's tone to complement Duane's tone. Scott Gorham and Gary Moore. Similar but different just the same.

I haven't had a chance to take good pictures of it yet but here's one from last night when I was playing them both into my recording set up.

Eventually for guitar, but I bought a Warm Audio U47 Jr... Currently converting the garage into a “jam space”, but the Wifey wants me to produce a “voiceover” CD for her. I have a couple decent mics, but the Jr will be better. Bless AMAZON for PRIME! 👍
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Quote Originally Posted by chuckocaster View Post
    Eventually for guitar, but I bought a Warm Audio U47 Jr... Currently converting the garage into a “jam space”, but the Wifey wants me to produce a “voiceover” CD for her. I have a couple decent mics, but the Jr will be better. Bless AMAZON for PRIME! 👍
    definitely let us know what you think. I've been eyeing one of those for weeks now and Sweetwater keeps taunting me with ads everywhere I go

I definitely will, but it probably won’t be for awhile. I got mine with a Behringer USB interface, pop filter and a 15’ Mogami cable SHIPPED for $300... I didn’t need the preamp/interface but what the hell? I’ll throw it in my backpack and use it with my mobile rig

Forum Member

that's a lotta toggle switches, you refurbishing a BC Rich guitar of some sort?

Forum Member

that's a lotta toggle switches, you refurbishing a BC Rich guitar of some sort?

LOL I’m guessing you’re building some pedals?

I have no problem tinkering with computers but I'm very reluctant to mess around with guitars. That's about to change, as I've decided to try adjusting the neck relief on my Taylor acoustic. To that end, I purchased a Taylor truss rod wrench. Here's hoping I don't wind up with wood splinters everywhere.

TFF Stage Crew

2019 Fender American Original 50s Telecaster.

Nice! Congrats.

Beautiful
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

It doesn't get nicer than that

TFF Stage Crew

Thanks. I always loved the 52RI I had, but I could never make the 7.25" scale work for me. Love that this has the 9.5" radius.

I also love that Sweetwater takes some gorgeous pictures of the very guitar you are about to receive. Way better than pics I take. I also ordered it with an upgraded nut and a Plek job. It plays like absolute buttah.

Quote Originally Posted by pc View Post
    Thanks. I always loved the 52RI I had, but I could never make the 7.25" scale work for me. Love that this has the 9.5" radius.

I also love that Sweetwater takes some gorgeous pictures of the very guitar you are about to receive. Way better than pics I take. I also ordered it with an upgraded nut and a Plek job. It plays like absolute buttah.
    I didn't know they did upgrades and plek jobs, too. Might have to talk to my sales engineer over there.

I just picked up a used Guild Blues 90. Pics and info to follow.

this morning's sunday thread made me realize I hadn't posted here yet. I purchased Logic Pro X last Sunday night after upgrading my music room computer to Mojave. I then downloaded the latest GarageBand from the app store. While it was nice, I really wanted and needed the mixer it didn't have. To say it is practically night and day doesn't quite capture the scope of the difference, yet it isn't unfathomably scary and foreign. I am really glad I spent all that time splashing around in the GB puddle before I dove into the Logic Pro deep end.

Ironically, I'm using less effects and getting better sound than ever. The major difference is being able to gauge input levels far more accurately and match them to avoid clipping. I'm still barely getting wet and so far my tracks are all experiments. I am liking what I'm hearing so far, even if I'm using crappy bookshelf speakers for monitors.

MXR Dyna Comp

"...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by NTBluesGuitar View Post
    MXR Dyna Comp

I got the same one. It's been a game changer in my recording efforts. I've been running my guitar signal through it to the audio interface. I just ordered another pedal compressor, a DOD 280 that uses a electro-optical circuit, for a different flavor.

this arrived today much earlier than I expected. I was almost not in the house when the truck pulled up. Usually my deliveries are very late in the afternoon

just got done playing for 30 minutes. this sucker is loud on 3. I figured I'd go with the quintessential combination of a Tele and a Princeton Reverb. If it sounds this good now, I can't imagine when the speaker gets broken in.

Well, I didn't buy it - I got it free to write a review. It's made for videographers, but it looks like it would be great for handling mics, cables and other gear. I'm going to see...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QN8K455
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

TFF Stage Crew

Half-stack of tubey goodness. Budda SD-80 (6L6 amp) and Marshall 50-watt plexi. This is the rig that is going in the new studio that's being built in my basement even as I type. The cab will be in miked up in a sound-proof "shed" outside the studio room, and the heads will be in the room with me. Can't wait until the construction stuff is done so I can start getting things set up.

(That pic was yesterday. Today the whole back wall is now framed and drywalled (with a door to access the sump, etc.), as is the one in the foreground of the picture. Next week he starts on the drop ceiling. Tons of insulation in the ceiling and walls so nobody hears the drums, and, so I don't hear the kids' xbox when recording vocals. )

noice, veddy noice. Is the soundproof 'shed' going to be indoors or outside the building? Pretty good idea. Why spend a ton of money when only a few hundred pounds of cash will do the trick.

TFF Stage Crew

noice, veddy noice. Is the soundproof 'shed' going to be indoors or outside the building? Pretty good idea. Why spend a ton of money when only a few hundred pounds of cash will do the trick.
    The shed is going to be right behind that wall, almost where I was standing to take that pic. If you look at the framed wall closest to the camera, you'll see a little rectangular notch. I've got two wall plates already wired that will go there when the drywall is done. One plate has four XLR jacks, and one has two 1/4" jacks that are wired for speaker cable. The two Celestions in the Marshall cab will each be miked with a Shure 57 and a Royer 121. (It's a stereo cab, so one speaker for each of those two amp heads, or whatever other amp I want to send in there). The jacks on the studio-room side will then run right into my Apogee interface for Pro Tools.

Quote Originally Posted by pc View Post
    The shed is going to be right behind that wall, almost where I was standing to take that pic. If you look at the framed wall closest to the camera, you'll see a little rectangular notch. I've got two wall plates already wired that will go there when the drywall is done. One plate has four XLR jacks, and one has two 1/4" jacks that are wired for speaker cable. The two Celestions in the Marshall cab will each be miked with a Shure 57 and a Royer 121. (It's a stereo cab, so one speaker for each of those two amp heads, or whatever other amp I want to send in there). The jacks on the studio-room side will then run right into my Apogee interface for Pro Tools.
    you should start a separate thread about this project and take pics as it develops. Please? Pretty Please? I'd love to see this.

TFF Stage Crew

you should start a separate thread about this project and take pics as it develops. Please? Pretty Please? I'd love to see this.
    Will do!

I picked up a used Zvex hand painted Fuzz Factory this morning. I had one about 10 years ago and sold it after a while and always missed it. If you haven't played one, it's a blast. Kind of a mess at the same time. Like a fully functional Frankenstein's monster action figure.

Not bought, but given. Does my family know me well or not? They invited me over for a birthday dinner and presented me with this painting, which they said was to be hung in my guitar room. Well, maybe some day, but for now, I'm going to hang it in a prominent place in my living room!

wow, somebody paid attention to guitar anatomy. that's awesome

I am trying to clean up the music room so I bought a rack kit to hold my mixer and rack gear. While I was at it I also ordered a patch bay to clean up everything. When it arrives and gets assembled I'll post phtots.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

just re-ordered a humidifier pack for my acoustic, because I packed the other one away and have no idea where it is

starting to get dry here and I want to protect my guitar NOW.

I didn't buy it, but it feels like something new- I brought my Pignose amp to check out the Fuzz factory. I found a Lava cable that I "lost" almost a year ago! It was coiled up inside the amp! I really liked that cable and it wasn't cheap. It's great to have it back!