Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My pedalboard. Show yours!

Re: My pedalboard. Show yours!

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Years ago I used a Big Muff or an LPB1 which, while they got the job done, had terrible S/N ratios The Fulltone is much quieter especially when powered with 18 VDC. For true output-tubes-and-tranny-approachig-meltdown distortion, the Proco Rat is one of the better effects.
    Thank you, kind sir. I always love coming here to get opinions and perspectives.

The RAT I have sounds pretty good in front of a BF amp. Granted, I'm not a seasoned guitarist, but it works for me.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

I wish I could find an affordable germanium-driven Vox Tonebender like the one I owned back in the '60s. Once I figured out how to use it correctly with a Strat it sounded awesome -- everything from Beck-era Yardbirds to Cream-era Clapton.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    I wish I could find an affordable germanium-driven Vox Tonebender like the one I owned back in the '60s. Once I figured out how to use it correctly with a Strat it sounded awesome -- everything from Beck-era Yardbirds to Cream-era Clapton.

took me quite a while too. I drive the amp just a bit so my “clean” sound is pleasantly warm and then use the fuzz. With single coils this sounds better and thicker than using the fuzz on a totally clean amp.

How do you do it?

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

I rely on the voices in my Zoom G1X amp simulator for basic OD tones then hit the OCD whenever I need an extra kick for soloing.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

Lately I am just using these.

I am dialing in the Revival for each amp so I can get maximum clean to cobbed Marshall on everything.

For everything I also hit the Cali.

The Slide Rig is so good on slide stuff I keep it in the mix.

Reverb is all handled through the Reverbrato as it has excellent controls for rooms.

The Weber lets me use any cab trough any head so it is usually in there.

The Gamechanger is killer for certain stuff.

I like the Victoria

Dug out the Vox Wah, but also picked up an MXR ISO Brick power supply. Now I'm playing with pedal order:

"...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by NTBluesGuitar View Post
    Dug out the Vox Wah, but also picked up an MXR ISO Brick power supply. Now I'm playing with pedal order:

The RAT is, IMHO, the ultimate dirt pedal for a strat player. I love mine and even think about buying a spare one.

Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    The RAT is, IMHO, the ultimate dirt pedal for a strat player. I love mine and even think about buying a spare one.
    If you're looking for a spare, keep in mind and keep your eyes open that it's a similar era, and the same transistor chip inside. Or make sure it sounds like you want it to. I have one that I got in the mid 90s, and it's been my sound since - I've had a lot of pedals come and go, but nothing has beat it. I did get a second one a while back, but it doesn't sound the same. I can't explain it, but it doesn't have the same oomph as the first. It works great dialed back on the distortion, as an overdrive as opposed to full-on filth.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

TFF Stage Crew

The latest iteration:
    StroboStomp>MicroAmp>TS9>Bad Monkey>Baby CryBaby>Dunlop Volume (passive)>JHS Emperor>Strymon Lex>El Cap>Echoplex (w/tap)>HOF

I built the board a while ago... the "final" itteration... the PedalPad was a great find - too bad they don't make them any more. What was great was that almost every pedal was either a Musician's Friend stupid deal of the day, or free...

Last edited by gibsonjunkie; 05-07-2023 at 04:10 AM.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain