Thread: A set from last nights 12 year anniversary show

A set from last nights 12 year anniversary show

Sorry for vocals, had some issues we couldn't get past last night - sometimes good enough has just got to be good enough......

Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Re: A set from last nights 12 year anniversary show

This was opening set - finally was able to cast out the demons on the vocals! Had some tech issues, but you play on - thats what you do!

Kenny Belmont

man, I miss live music

saw a couple shows outside, first ended less than half hour before the heavens opened, the second got pretty dang chilly towards end and it was only September.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

This is the type of music I love to play!

The Narrows in Fall River, MA has been having bands play to no audience and streaming it. They split donations with thew Band. Roomful of Blues is next week, Duke Robillard the following week, Tom Rush a couple weeks later...

I post these with you two in mind Dan and Don. Not many others seem to be into this. I can't get by without it.

I know some other folks listen and I hope you enjoy. I LOVE this and started learning it as I started on THIS forum.
    I have more on the FB page if you want to see them.

BTW - both guitars are going through 12 watt deluxes!
    Kenny Belmont

I listen too, Kenny. I'm always reluctant to respond because I'm one of those who doesn't have videos. And for good reason, too.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

TFF Stage Crew

Awesome as always, Kenny. Was just thinking about "Feels like Rain" earlier today, so was pleased when it popped up.

Always laugh on our live vids when someone ends up dancing right in front of the camera. It's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by pc View Post
    Awesome as always, Kenny. Was just thinking about "Feels like Rain" earlier today, so was pleased when it popped up.

Always laugh on our live vids when someone ends up dancing right in front of the camera. It's inevitable.
    I don't mind it - it shows someone was there! hahahaha

I had my friend Rick sit in with us, I learned bass by watching him and another friend, who I have tried to emulate, but just can't get. I play like me - and I am ok with that.
    Rick has been playing in a band doing material he is not into, but is playing as a job. I let him have most of my 2nd set out of respect and gratitude. I am sorry I couldn't fix the vox that night - it was a night of sometimes good enough is good enough.

All of that said, I had a blast and the crowd behaved covid-wise.

I love doing this, but have been having some issues - right leg going numb - sciatic issues - Hence the stool.
    Hope I can pull it off another 12 years - these guys make the ride a lot of fun!
    Last edited by FrankJohnson; 11-22-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    Kenny Belmont

Very good as always, buddy!

Please keep these gig vids coming, not many users comment but hey, I'm one of the guys who think that guitars and guitar players belong in stages and bars. This is what our beloved instruments are meant to be used for: playing for an audience!

Btw I love it when I see someone dancing to the music in such videos. Dude, this is beautiful, I mean someone is having a great time there, isn't that why we play guitar music the first place?

I don't know if you'll be able to see this, I guess only the ones with instagram accounts, but this is a short vid of me and my band finishing a gig at a local pub (we were already quite drunk that night, not usual for us but it happened), we were doing our humble hommage to Peter Fonda, who had just passed away, by playing Steppenwolf's Born to be wild, and this elder gentleman was dancing and twisting and shouting, having a real great time. It's me you see playing the guitar. A real bad recording done with a cell phone by someone behind the stage, but it shows how the night went and everyone had a great time!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B12yZUJn-yl/

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    I don't know if you'll be able to see this, I guess only the ones with instagram accounts, but this is a short vid of me and my band finishing a gig at a local pub (we were already quite drunk that night, not usual for us but it happened), we were doing our humble hommage to Peter Fonda, who had just passed away, by playing Steppenwolf's Born to be wild, and this elder gentleman was dancing and twisting and shouting, having a real great time. It's me you see playing the guitar. A real bad recording done with a cell phone by someone behind the stage, but it shows how the night went and everyone had a great time!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B12yZUJn-yl/
    I like it Sergio -
    Good Stuff -

So........
    let me ask.......are you more regimented or improvisational in spirit regarding your playing?
    Kenny Belmont