Thread: Audition

Audition

I auditioned for another band last night and have my fingers crossed that I get the gig. Ended up waiting on the street outside the rehearsal studio before the audition with my gear for about 25 minutes listening to a bum sitting next to the door mumbling and shouting about the CIA & Aryan Brotherhood. Was getting slightly nervous but someone finally came to the door to let me in.

Brought my newly acquired '72 DR and it sounded pretty darn good and held up very well against the rest of the band. Had the volume up to 4 and had the vol. on T-B's old '73 Strat backed off a bit for the softer tunes. I found the amp & guitar to be really complimentary to each other and was pleased with the tone. I wasn't too thrilled with bringing my old Boss OD-1 for an overdrive though which sounded a bit harsh. I just threw it in my bag at the last minute rather than bring the Fulltone Fulldrive that doesn't seem to work that well with the old Strat pups.

So now the nerve wracking part of waiting to hear if I got the gig or not. Wish me luck.

The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

If you felt good about it, I'm sure you got it.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Hey T-B,

Thanks for the reassurance. Overall I feel pretty good about it though I was a bit nervous which stifles some of the feeling. Made a few flubs but the band also changed some of the arrangements on me too! Grrr....

But after I played one of the solos note for note they commented that no one ever did that before so maybe I got a few extra points for that?

The band is all original and in the softer rock genre i.e., Fiona Apple, Liz Phair which is a nice change from the indie rock I've been playing in my current band. I figure this music would be much easier to book and also get into nicer upscale venues.

I gotta tell ya, I just love that strat! It is really cut out for this style of music. Pup selector on 4 & 5 gave me a sweet sound.

That's too cool man. Yeah, that '73 Strat must sound real sweet with that style of music. I always loved the way that guitar played. I kinda miss it sometimes. Good luck with the audition.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.