Thread: 1958 Champ

1958 Champ

I am going to check out this amp tomorrow or the next day. It has a three prong on it but the original is included. Three caps were replaced but the originals are still with the amp. The speaker is original. It will cost about $875.00 USA dollars.

Is this about right?

brianf
    Last edited by brianf; 04-13-2004 at 09:50 AM.
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

Interesting a FDP member just posted their study on Fender tweed amp prices. After looking at it the low for a '58 Champ was $405 and the high was $820. Although the highest paid was $915 for a '61.

So in light of those numbers you are paying on the high end but not getting ripped off.

It does seem like a fair price if it is as clean as it looks in the photo. I just have to see if it sounds ok.

Many thanks.

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

Your link didn't work so I couldn't see how clean the amp was. Add to the fact that its been serviced some it seems like a fair deal especially from a dealer.

Here's a working link to the picture:

south of something, north of somewhere, west of over there and just to the east of where I left my sanity. Right where I wanna be. Chunga chunga it's the sland!
    Damn thats purty, and a tone monster too. I'm thinking of building a clone 'cos I like it so much.

Sorry about the digression, but are you talking about an original 1958 amp? If so, why are vintage amps so cheap compared to vintage guitars?

Just a silly question from an even sillier guy :)

Puzzled_13
    i bet this really annoy's you if your a grammar freak.

Originally posted by Power_13
    Sorry about the digression, but are you talking about an original 1958 amp? If so, why are vintage amps so cheap compared to vintage guitars?

Just a silly question from an even sillier guy :)

Puzzled_13

SSSHHHHH!!!

Well, I think collectors are catching on already and the prices are on the rise for the older amps.

Get 'em now while the prices are affordable. The vintage amp prices will probably only continue to catch up with the vintage guitar market prices.

Forum Member
    I don't post here at all, and lurk not to often either. IMHO, the gravy days of amp deals are less and less. As Tweed Twins
    (lo power) have been hitting $8K, when everything is all there, and Hi Powers 12- 15 K. I already heard about a Hi power being sold this morning in Dallas for $13.5 and it was to a dealer. So, if that hits the retail floor, its got to be $15K. I don't think I would spend $13.5 to make $1500!