Thread: Ain't nuthin' like a guitar just back from a set-up.

Ain't nuthin' like a guitar just back from a set-up.

I don't mind a little string rattle, but I don't wanna hear it through the amp, dammit! So: off for a set-up('cuz I don't tweak necks. I'm chicken)went the ASAT Special(it was about time anyway). Got it back today, and just finished rocking out through my Champ. Now, I was a little weirded out 'cuz the fret-buzz was terrible(to me, anyway)but the guitar seemed to play as good as ever. Lemme tell ya: it'd like BUTTER now! My tech adjusted the neck(only slightly outta whack...I'm so touchy!), lightly polished the frets, gave the whole thing the once over. I think he even adjusted the pickup heights, 'cus the outputs are are much better/more even than I had them(I woulda got around to it!).
    My "static" type noise problem could be solved with shielding tape, I guess(or: make sure I touch the strings when I turn a knob, eh?)... but that's for a later date.
    I haven't owned a finished maple 'board in YEARS. Nice and fast. I love this guitar. Came up with a handful of riffs as soon as I plugged in.
    Silly thing to be psyched about, I know. But I like to be good to my guitar.
    Time wounds all heels.

cool dawg. Nothing like a good set-up man.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

I went to a tech who did an OK job on my neck, it did play better but a few weak spots. Now my next neck will be custom made and set up by a real pro...that thing is gonna play by itself! :nelson
    Glad you had a great setup...makes playing more fun and easier.
    Hopeless modaholic...

Techs always set up my action too low. I have to learn how to do this myself...
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

Nothing like it!

I just spent two hours setting one of mine up this morning and have the other completely dismantled to take care of a few things I've been putting off-new saddles, etc. I just picked the forst one up a few minutes ago and I have to agree...even though I do my own setup work, it's amazing how much difference a good once over on the adjustments and a little tweaking here and there makes...almost like having a new instrument again...enjoy!!!