Thread: Big $$ for Warmoth tele

Forum Member

Big $$ for Warmoth tele

Has anyone been tracking this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

$1700 seems like a lot of money for a Warmoth Partsocaster. I admit it is well done but you could probably buy the parts and pay a tech to assemble and set up for less.

Get a real one for this price?...It is real nice and all and you get a pick up signed by Seth Lover and that is pretty amazing. Electronics and the copper shielding are nice and neat. Very well done guitar IMO. Fanatastic Work.

The guy did do a good job. Its my guess he has a friend bidding it up that high so if anyone breaks the 1700 mark he makes a big profit.

If you can do all the work yourself you can build one like that from Warmoth or USACG parts for around $800-1000 if you use all good stuff.

If the bidding is legit, I'm very surprised. Generally I've learned that if you build custom parts guitars like this you do it for the guitar, not any potential profit. There's usually low resale value for something like this. Sadly, people do not value craftsmanship so much.

It does look like an extremely well assembled guitar. Probably plays and sounds totally beautiful.

fezz parka
    Nice guitar. Love that particular headstock decal. (Got my first Tele in '71.) With that said, I wouldn't pay $1700 bucks for it.

It looks like the guy did a great job putting it together and I'm sure it's worth $1700 to someone. My latest Strat project playes and sounds better than any Fender Strat I've ever played and it cost $950 to build without a case. I don't think $1700 is too much of a stretch for that Tele if it performs as goo as it looks.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

fezz parka

Why get that...

when you can get this delivered to your door for 700 bucks?

Keef Tele

FWIW, I love parts guitars. My Nashville partsocaster is my current #1. MIM Nashville body, MIJ 72 reissue neck.

Total $ paid = 265 bucks. Woohoo!

Forum Member
    I priced the guitar from Warmoth and it came to just under $900 pre-finished. Add $100 for a case, and $200 for assembly + $50 shiping and you get $1250 for a guitar only you have owned with no eBay hassles.

Forum Member
    Originally posted by curtisstetka
    If the bidding is legit, I'm very surprised. Generally I've learned that if you build custom parts guitars like this you do it for the guitar, not any potential profit. There's usually low resale value for something like this. Sadly, people do not value craftsmanship so much.

It does look like an extremely well assembled guitar. Probably plays and sounds totally beautiful.
    I agree 100% with this post. It does look like a fine guitar, but IMO the neck finish looks a bit out of place with the body finish. I think a vintage tint would've worked much better. You would think that someone that builds a guitar, allegedly paying so much attention to detail, would've thought of that. Maybe he picked it up off of eBay and just bought what was available.

I think a vintage tint would've worked much better. You would think that someone that builds a guitar, allegedly paying so much attention to detail, would've thought of that.
    I agree, the finish on the neck doesn't look right with that body.

That body sure looks sweet though!
    So much talk about the USB port, what state is it in?

Is that a joke?

5 lb body, locking tuners, I assume the t.r. is a collapsable rod what a dog!
    The finish is not even blonde just amber lacquer. The fact someone would pay $1700 for this blows my mind! One would be much better off with a M.I.M. tele or a '52 ri!

I stopped even looking at this guitar when it broke $700...
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

Forum Member
    So I was wondering is "Swap" Ash some new variety of Ash that I should be on the lookout for???? :)

Swamp Ash is a type of ash that has bubbles or recesses in the wood, kinda like a Aero bar! When the wood is dried, either in a kiln or naturally aged and dried, the bubbles dry out...leaving empty spaces or "air pockets" in the wood. This makes the wood lighter, and sonically very ambient.