Thread: Reverse head with vintage tremolo

Forum Member

Reverse head with vintage tremolo

Hi!

I'm considering a new frankencaster with a tokai body and a warmoth (or similar) neck. Just for the cool look I'm also considering a reverse head.

If I wish to use the tremolo, should I stick with the normal head, or will the reverse head work?

Forum Member
    Either neck will work but take it from a lefty with a few reverse headstocks.... It wont fit in the case if the case has the compartment.

*EDIT* on second thought, mine wont fit in the case (lefty body with righty necks) unless I put it in the case face down. Maybe a righty body with a lefty neck will fit........
    Last edited by Bob Onit; 01-25-2004 at 10:24 AM.

TFF Stage Crew
    I would recommend trying a guitar with a reverse headstock before purchasing one if you haven't already. Some people find the tuning to be very awkward and end up disliking them.

Forum Member
    The tuning part is not a problem I think (I have bot directiosn on my les paul) , but I was thinking more in terms of tremolo performance and tuning stability.

Forum Member
    I'm putting one like that together now, should have it done in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it comes out.
    Got Strat

Forum Member
    Thanx Bill, I dould appreciate this :)

my joe perry project style strat has a reverse headstock and vintage trem. it works well. but i did have a problem with the kluson style machines. the high slipped like nobody's buisness. so i just dropped in a set of sperzels. solved that problem. but i had planned on doing that anyways. so my words of wisdom is to use sperzels to reduce slippage on the high strings due to the break angle.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Forum Member
    "bite the big apple, don't mind the maggets"

Ya spelt maggots rong.