Thread: Strat Bridge- Allen Wrench Size?

Strat Bridge- Allen Wrench Size?

I did a search here first and didn't turn anything up that mentions what size Allen wrench is needed to adjust the bridge saddle height on a Strat.

I've gone to 2 music stores and neither knew. GC tried to sell me a Guitar Swiss Army Knife type setup with screw drivers and allen wrenches but still didn't look like it had the proper allen wrench size. A hardware store I went to had allen wrenches in a set and the smallest one looked like it may be close but with my luck it wouldn't be the right size.

It looks like I may to buy it on-line but I still need to know for sure what size I'm looking for.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be .050". That's what fits my AmSer Tele. I think they use the same saddles on them.

The next size up is 1/16" and I think that fits the MiM standards...
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

You are probably right. I think my MiM is metric, but I have no way to tell.

But on my AmSer, it definitely .050"
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

I just ordered 5 from Angela Instruments (they come in sets of 5). No size mentioned there other than they fit '54 to present MIA Strats, Jazzmasters and Jaguars. Don't want to ask questions LOL! I needed a few other items anyway and if they don't fit it's only a few dollars wasted.

I'd like allen wrenches for both my '87 Am Std. Strat and the '73 Strat. At least my 70's Tele-Custom uses a small standard screw driver for adjusting the saddle height.
    Last edited by Gtrplyr; 01-16-2004 at 12:04 PM.

Well good new. The Allen wrenches that I bought from Angela Instruments fit both the '73 & '87 Strat saddel screws! Still don't know for sure what size they are though lol!