Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '74 or '75 Strat- To Buy or Not?

Aw crap! I'm sorry to hear this is happening. We'll just cross our fingers, enjoy the weekend, and look forward to Monday.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Yea, its time to kick back and have an enjoyable weekend. Guess shipping a guitar during the busiest time of the year has some drawbacks. I thought for sure it would have been delivered on Wednesday when I saw it made it to Oakland Tuesday evening and then saw no other reason they would still sit on it today. Perhaps the box just looks too big to deal with at the moment?

T-B did you wrap her in a warm blanket? :tw59 It's been awfully chilly here.

In fact I did wrap it up cozy. I used one of those light foam bags inside the case to keep'er warm and snug. Then I put a good 6" of peanuts and newspaper in the bottom of the box, slid the case down in there and packed it snugly with another 6" of peanuts on top and all down the sides. The package itself has an "R" factor of at least 30, and if you're real careful you just might get a quick whiff of that clean Connecticut air still inside the box.

LOL! It is probably better off in that box right now than my apartment. My heater is broken and I can practically see my breath. It's just not supposed to be this cold here.

Tracking Action

Well the guitar was scanned leaving Oakland earlier this morning and has an updated resceduled delivery date of Dec. 29th. But why no scan for arrival in SF? Hmmm...Maybe I'll add a little Bailey's to my coffee this morning.

Cool man. I'll be at work when it arrives. I'll try to check in during the day for a report. Fingers crossed.

Yo GP-
    Send a little of that clean Connecticut air down here. That stuff is rare for us ya know.

Monday morning and the waiting continues.

Originally posted by Tele-Bob
    Monday morning and the waiting continues.
    Indeed and the tension mounts as the tracking now shows the guitar out for delivery

Bluefrogs- I don't miss that LA air that could hide the mountains and burn my eyes but I do miss the warmer weather. I'll let you know if I catch a whif of that CT air though :tw59

tic toc tic toc