Thread: The Thread for the Last Sunday of June

The Thread for the Last Sunday of June

I’m actually seeing some rain drops hitting the ground this morning and we’re supposed to be getting some rain fo r the next couple of days. Maybe my lawn won’t crunch when I walk on it after a little moisture. After trying for two years I finally have a landscaper coming on Thursday to do a little re-design of our lawn so I really haven’t been too worried about watering to keep things green.

Hope all have a gret Sunday and following week!

Re: The Thread for the Last Sunday of June

Good morning!!! Feeling a bit of jet/conference lag today. Spent the last few days near Kansas City (Overland Park, Kansas) at a conference and I'm beat! Great conference - some are people I've known and worked with for 25 years. In fact, the first time I attended this conference was in Kansas City in 1994. Always great to get recharged and refreshed! I go back to work tomorrow with renewed purpose. Flying wasn't actually too bad, either. Everything went as scheduled and I got home with no issues. I had lots of ambitions today, but I don't even think I'm going to get dressed today...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

Another hot day, supposed to be 100!
    Started trying to get new ductwork built 3 weeks ago, they now say maybe Monday. We should have started on the project back in April, but they don't want me on the roof, so I had to wait for grandkids to find time!
    I've also been getting my eye's fixed, got the left eye cataract replaced Tuesday, things are sure a lot clearer now, but back to using "readers".

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Had more interviews Friday and got a screening scheduled for Monday. Sat was yard maintenance, sanity maintenance and bill maintenance. Played a bass gig Sat evening. Was storming in the morning Sun, and as the wife is adverse to rain, did church from home. Tried to sign in remotely to the music store I’m consulting to pull some new reports after they acted on some recommendations I made. No Joy and let them know. As yard maintenance is now not outsourced, and there are few outside sockets, been investing in some battery powered gear. Picked up a blower with 2 batteries and an extra battery. I killed the 2 I have with the line trimmer yesterday only 3/4 done. Sitting on about an acre of undulating land with a crick through it, so a LOT of places the rider mower can’t get to.
    Mark

Played Saturday night, decent show. I now have a guitar and cable wrangler so that makes life easier.

Out on the water Sunday AM, carpet on my deck was burning my feet! No wind, had to jump in and take as swim early afternoon. Fishing was a grind but was on a big fish pattern so even though the numbers weren't there the 5 fish total weight was enough. All weighed and released.

Still on the hunt for a Korina V, lot's of sketchy ones out there!

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

I am not customarily late to this thread, but my Sunday was spent crossing the Atlantic and then boarding a ship where I'm spending the next seven days visiting Mediterranean Spain, Morocco and Portugal. And I didn't even bring my travel guitar (but maybe I should have). I finally slept soundly and the jet lag is gone. Now it's tired legs from walking around the island of Ibiza. We set sail tonight and tomorrow will arrive in Almeria, Then, it's on to Malaga, Seville, Casablanca and Portimao. I return from Lisbon next Sunday, so I may miss the weekly then, too.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Late to the party, as usual.

Started cleaning out garage and basement.

Rode my bicycle 25 miles.

Went out for a nice motorcycle ride and stopped at a beautiful winery to enjoy the view from one of the many Adirondack chairs dotting the hillside.

Went to Olive Garden for the $11.99 soup and salad special. Such a deal!

It was a good day!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.