Thread: New Project Day

New Project Day

A friend bought a guitar build kit a couple years ago---he started it but never finished.....
    He finally surrendered and sent it to me to finish.... for a "trade" to be named later........hhhmmmmm

Here it is and the progress made today lol

Painted the headstock in "classic black" gloss.

Then removed the tape from the fretboard which ----obviously was in place for the last 2 years he owned her....and the fretboard is very sticky and dried out

Got a pick guard ordered and pup surrounds....have a number of pups to chose from I am thinking the Dimarzio Super D in the bridge and an Epiphojne 650R in the neck position.......or perhaps a P-90.....or a Gibson Burstbucker.....who knows I have time to decide pickguard is coming from China so it will be a few weeks.
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: New Project Day

Some carefully-applied Tung oil should rejuvenate that fretboard.

Rawk on!
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Well what I like about it is that VK's wife actually allowed him out of that playpen unsupervised!
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Very cool! If tung oil doesn't take off that residue try Formby's Build-Up Remover.

Thanks guys, Yes Old Ranger I managed to gnaw through the restraints again and made it into the garage. Like my work bench?
    Hey where better to keep a guitar than in a "PLAY" pen???
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Nice!

It will rock with burstbuckers or maybe (and here's what I'd do) a set of Seymour Duncan '59s...These would make that wood sing.

I am leaning toward the Epi 650R and the Super D Dimarzio ----a relaxed vintage "look" with some serious face melting ear splitting power! ;)
    T. Roosevelt

mY PLAN EXACTLY :)
    T. Roosevelt

Fun looking project... Slap those pups in and rock out...

In the third pic of VK's OP, you can see the hood is up on the car. Is that your Subaru?

Ol' Volumeknob is an equal opportunity wrencher...work on the car a little, work on the guitar a little...

You Sir are very observant! Well DOne. Yes that is the Roo. She just got new rotors and pads, and an Air Filter.....before I started on the Explorer.......multitasking ya know....OH and TO ad FUN to the mix I took the Triumph Tiger to BUY the airfilter, and the black lacquer paint before starting said projects.....I mean you gotta conserve fuel and such.....lol

Multi tasking is par for the course with multiple personalities ya know.......Hell one or two are doing shit right now I don't even know about lol....hope its all legal.
    T. Roosevelt