Thread: RAT Ruetz mod.

RAT Ruetz mod.

Did it to my homemade RAT today... Too bassy now for geetar. Guess I'll fiddle with the cap, or reverse it if that doesn't work. I think this would work better on a stocker, but I "tuned" mine. Oh well, it's all a learning experience.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: RAT Ruetz mod.

Oops!

It does make it less bright. I can see where it might not work if you've done other things to tame your Rat's high end. My clone is completely stock, otherwise.

Yep!!! Added too much bass on mine. Thinking I'll try a 3.3uf cap n see.

I reversed this mod awhile ago. Today I made a "stacked" Chip to try out, since my IC is socketed. Not much change, if at all, from what I got going. This has got me thinking that the couple little mods I did are just about right. I still however plan on fiddling a little with the idea of what the Ruetz mod was doing. From reading the explanation, by adjusting the resistor and cap values I might be able to tune this section some. I am very happy with what I have going, but there's that part of me that can't leave well enough alone. Still trying to find a suitable replacement for my first RAT, which was a killer!