Thread: Pedalboard overhaulin'

Pedalboard overhaulin'

Auditioned for a band tonight, went very well and looks like we are moving forward for me to join. The old guitarist has lost interest. Hate to steal a gig from someone, but it is his fault, I guess.

My last band was a blues band, so my pedalboard leans heavy on that. I have a couple of tube-based overdrive pedals, a simple Digitech delay (which I have never been happy with, but it was a replacement for my stolen DD-5), a DynaComp and a few various Boss modulation pedals.

So, I want to swap a couple out to match the sonic territory I am going to be hitting in this new band.

We will be doing some 90s alternative-styled stuff. So, the Boss SD-1 looks like i will be swapping it out for a DS-1 Distortion for rhythm, with the TS-9 RI for solo boost.

I have done some research on the TC Electronics Flashback and I am impressed. I am also liking the Way Huge Aqua Puss, but the Flashback gives me more options right out of the box for almost the same price.

I am also considering adding the Ernie Ball VP Jr. volume pedal, especially if I do add that Flashback.

Moving forward, I am interested in the RE-20 Space Echo, the Boss Rotary emulator, and a handful of others, but that will be down the road a ways.

Really interested to see if anyone has any experiences with that TC Flashback.
    "What would rock and roll be without feedback?" - David Gilmour

"I stand accused, just like you, for being born without a silver spoon." - Richard Ashcroft

Re: Pedalboard overhaulin'

I find that the TS9 and the SD1 together get me almost anywhere I want to go...

The Space Echo is an awesome pedal but I don't know that it's as versatile as the DD20, for instance.

Also, Vox's DelayLab will be coming out very soon. That looks nice.

If I were you, I'd put keep the SD1 and the DS1 and the TS9. Set 'em up to give you all kinds of combinations of gain. The DS1 is kinda toothy and aggressive in the upper mids. The SD1 can be warmer/furrier (not fuzzier, furrier!) and the TS9 is the essential...

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."