Thread: Back on the Strat wagon!

Forum Member

Back on the Strat wagon!

Howdy folks,

Last night I did something wise; I bought a Stratocaster.

I formerly owned an American Series in Butterscotch Blonde. Since I sold it, I have missed that sound and feel which only come with a Strat. A quick perusal of craigslist revealed a Mexican Strat in my home town. I came, I saw, I haggled, and now I am happy.

I will take and post pics here soon, but I am loving my newly acquired '96 Sunburst MIM. I am also genuinely impressed with this guitar. The sounds is about the same as I remember from my former Strat, and it is actually more comfy (i.e., a bit lighter). For $200, it is easily THE best guitar value I have ever taken advantage of. Too bad I can't safely go to Mexico to thank the guys in the maquiladora.

Re: Back on the Strat wagon!

That's a good deal. People seem to want to get at least $325-350 for MIM Std. guitars.

My '99 MIM Jazz Bass is a great guitar. It plays great, is built as well as any other guitar and sounds good. My '96 MIM Duo-Sonic is not as well made as the Jazz Bass, but it's a nice guitar.

Forum Member

2 bills is an excellent deal on a MIM Strat.

Craigslist is the best I've found so far for guitar shopping. Always a try before you buy deal and not nearly the traffic as ebay.

The way I see it we basically get the guitar minus the fees the seller was gonna' pay ebay anyway. As a seller there are no more worries about if the guitar will arrive safely. It's a win/win situation.

Congrats!

Forum Member

Thanks for the good vibes fellas... DanD, you hit the nail on the head. It was a pleasure to make this transaction. Without concerns of all the fees and of shipping, it really makes it a win-win. The guitar was offered at $250 OBO. I offered $200 and the seller took it (no haggling really). I think he knew it might not be worth the effort to try to get all or part of the remaining $50 of his top price.

cool deal! The MIM stuff is really well built... I mean it is just a few miles from the Mexican plant to the California plant... new pick ups and a few other little details and whoops there's a keeper

Forum Member

Here she is, paired up with my '67 ES-335. I think they make a very complementary pair.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/w...strat335-1.jpg