Thread: New Baja Tele!!!

Forum Member

New Baja Tele!!!

I just got this after trying a load of Teles in a local shop. The main reason I went for it was the massive neck, feels great.

Because the neck was the main reason I bought it I was going to swap out the electrics and replace the bridge with one of my favourite single coil pick-ups, the Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder.

But after using it at home and finally yesterday at a rehearsal, this thing is staying stock!!! Played through my Hayden Mofo the bridge pick-up is fat and I'm finding the tones from the S1 switching system to be real useful and not at all gimmicky. These Teles have to be one of the best bangs for buck Tele-wise out there at the moment.

My only concern is that the volume pot for the S1 switching feels a bit flimsy, does anyone have any experience with these? Durability etc?

Anways, here it is!!!

Forum Member

Re: New Baja Tele!!!

Very nice! Congrats

Very nice. Congratulations!

I have two part-o-teles and each of them has a Baja neck I got from ebay. I don't care for the S1 in the stock Baja and don't care for the two colors of the stock Baja, but otherwise I completely agree - excellent production Tele model!
    s'all goof.

Forum Member

I have S1 on my deluxe American Strat - so far so good. I guess Im closing in on 3 years. I like the S1, it gives you lots more control right on the guitar. I set the amp as bright as possible and then shape tone from the guitar. No need to adjust the amp. On my strat; S1 down, bridge and middle pick up is one of my favorite settings.

I came real close to buying the Baja, sometimes I think I made a mistake. I had a 'made in USA' moment. I found it to be best sounding tele in the store at one time. The neck pick up is very nice. congrats.
    P e a c e KYC

Strat or Tele out of a 5E3 .

I have heard of failures on the early S-1 switches, not so much lately.

I took mine out anyway.

Those Bajas sure sound and feel nice.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Mmmmmm.......Baja.......

"Sorry" - John Belushi as he smashed a guitar in Animal House

I had one, And will own another, when things get better at home. I REALLY Liked the neck pickup on it and it was one of the most TONEFUL instruments I have ever owned. It even sounded like I could play a little when it was in the Mix!
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Nice one man!! I got one too!! Awesome guitar, great sound and killer looks..
    Check it out!!
    \m/

http://www.lookingfordroids.com
    http://www.dbtwang.com/users/929

Forum Member

I want one of these as the starting point for my Swiss Army Tele.

I want to build a Power Nashville Tele with a humbucker in the neck and hot rail bridge and middle p'ups. I'm wanting it badly.

I set out looking for an American Tele on Craigslist... I went to 7 or 8 different houses checking them out... Then I found this Baja and played it... Felt like a morphine drip... The guy got it as a gift and didn't play it... It was brand new... He threw in a Fender HSC and a gig bag... some strings and a nice fender strap... all the case candy.... a couple cords and a handful of picks... I won't tell you what I paid but it wasn't enough... I'm happy...