Thread: Visit to New Hartford...

Visit to New Hartford...

So I figure I should post this in "events" or "Other Fenders", seeing as Guilds are Other Fenders... ... I got to visit the new Guild factory in New Hartford, CT today. There was a tour arranged through a Guild-related forum. It's really amazing how cool that place was. It's a pre-civil war building with a lot of modern technology, but with a lot of "human" contact in each guitar as well. I hazzard to say that these new Guilds are as good as or better than what they've made in the past. They even gave away a $3700 12 String as a door prize. Mrs. Junkie and I were two of four people with a ticket left when they pulled the main prize, but another guy won it... lucky him... it was a beautiful instrument!

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Visit to New Hartford...

cool! any pics?
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Not this time... sorry! They didn't allow cameras or cell phones. There was someone videotaping it, so something might end up on Youtube. If so, I'll post the link.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

still sounds like a fun time, congrats dude.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

It was cool. They showed us a new line of less expensive Guilds coming out this summer. Same woodworking and Nitro finish, but with a satin neck - lots cheaper. The dealers don't even know they are coming out with them. Way cool!!!

That must have been real cool. I had a chance to check out some of the new CT-made Guilds today. They rank up there with the finest the company has ever made.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Very cool. I'll have to check it out the next time I go fishing up there. Is it anywhere near the Ovation factory?

It's in the same facility. They share space with Ovation, although they run the operation fairly independently. It's a cool place - and the trout fishing around there is exceptional.