Thread: Kids, marijuana is bad for you.

Kids, marijuana is bad for you.

Especially when used in such an unorthodox manner.

A public service from NeoFauve.

http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2003/...xas/index.html
    "Well, I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused..."
    Elvis Costello

Forum Member

Re: Kids, marijuana is bad for you.

Originally posted by NeoFauve
    Especially when used in such an unorthodox manner.

A public service from NeoFauve.

http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2003/...xas/index.html
    That was one STUPID d00d. Man....

Even though he was a dumbass, I find it kind of sad that he died.

Forum Member
    This does illustrate the downside of pot. As a drug it's more of a time-waster than a big danger, I believe. But as an illegal commodity it leads to alot of problems. Laws are tough and enforced. MANY low-lives are in the game now (instead of well-meaning hippies) and people get shot over the stuff these days. Happened here in NYC two days ago over the rights of who was going to deal dime bags on what corner: an 8 year old was caught in the crossfire.

Some idiot choking on a plastic bag sounds kind of funny, but the fact that he put himself at that risk over a bag of pot is symptomatic of the bad scene that surrounds that drug these days. Kind of a shame, too, because it doesn't HAVE to be that way.

Forum Member
    Originally posted by doc540
    Even though he was a dumbass, I find it kind of sad that he died.
    Very sad, because it was totally unnecessary.

Who says it can't kill ya!
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

i was going to post a comment,,,,,,,,,

but i forgot what i wanted to say

Originally posted by Papaya King
    MANY low-lives are in the game now (instead of well-meaning hippies) and people get shot over the stuff these days
    Hippies were never drug dealers (at least not of pot, LSD maybe) that I ever saw. The hippies bought the stuff from the usual muggles dealers & the Hell's Angels. It was never safe. Once busy dealing with outlaws, you saw other outlawed behavior up close. Pot dealers were almost always low-lifes.
    Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Forum Member
    VibroCount,

Back in my days of messing with that stuff (late 80's) I knew alot of clever hippie type folks who grew. Few if any low lives around the scene I saw, except on the dime bag street level, and they had that worked out well enough that guns were rarely involved. The more dangerous criminal element was still focused on the speed and coke scenes, with the nod to dope (if you'll pardon the pun) regionally. Now the profit on weed is as good or better than that of coke, so the same type of ugliness is there as well...

Along with gallows humor I do find in this particular incident, PK has me looking at the big picture.

Back in high school I tried it a couple of times, but never felt any effect. I was already a little out there, I guess. So I never persued it any further.
    I've toyed with the idea of trying it again years later, but with all the attached factors that PK mentions, unless I discovered a virgin plant in the woods, no way.
    A benign leaf is made very dangerous and people are made stupid out of fear and greed.

Interestingly, I don't recall seeing the story about the 8-year old as a wire story.
    "Well, I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused..."
    Elvis Costello

Originally posted by Papaya King
    VibroCount,

Back in my days of messing with that stuff (late 80's) I knew alot of clever hippie type folks who grew. Few if any low lives around the scene I saw, except on the dime bag street level, and they had that worked out well enough that guns were rarely involved. The more dangerous criminal element was still focused on the speed and coke scenes, with the nod to dope (if you'll pardon the pun) regionally. Now the profit on weed is as good or better than that of coke, so the same type of ugliness is there as well...
    Okay, fair enough. But my relationship with the scene was 1965-1969 San Francisco/Scramento. The hippies bought it from heroin/speed/downer dealers who often were dealing for the Angels. Home grown was pretty rare then, at least in the circles I knew.
    Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Forum Member
    VibroCount,

The stuff I'm talking about bears no resemblance to what used to be called "homegrown". It was really the start of real botique stuff, carefully bred, cloned and raised under percisely controlled condcitions. People say the weed today is ten times stronger than what everybody smoked in the 60's; the folks I knew were a big part of the reason why that's true. Most of them got out of it when they came to understand the risks (and saw said risks increasing as much from associates as the law).