Thread: New Egnater Rebel

New Egnater Rebel

I have played many amps over the years and mainly through Fenders.

I ran across the little 20w amp and got head done on the spot. This amp head is adjustable from 1 to 20 watts by dial. It has 6V6 and EL84 tubes in it that you can play either or and blend them together as you play. It has bass and treble bright/roll off swithes. The gain circuit is huge. It has the typical treb/mid/bass eq set up. It comes with it's own carry bag that you can carry over your sholder.

I played it through a 2x12 Celestion 80w speaker cab and the head didn't hesitate. I then hooked it up to a full stack with Vintage 30's and it was the most incredible sound that I have heard in a long time. I dialed it down to about 2 or 3 wats and had the gain turned up to about 3/4 and was amazing!!!

CHECK THIS ONE OUT!! It is selling for $599.99 at Guitar Center. I was amazed at how cheap it was..

This one is worth the time to take a look at!

Happy Trails

Forum Member

Re: New Egnater Rebel

I was just wondering about that thing. What did you think of the power scaling. Was 1 as good as 20, or was tone lost at different settings? And one other question. How did you manage to get head done on the spot?

I am also most curious about this amp and will be checking one out the next time I'm in a GC.
    Tone is in the fingers, eh? Let's hear your Vox, Marshall and Fender fingerings then...

Why do I even look , I have way to musc stuff already ?

http://www.egnateramps.com/Rebel20.html

Looks pretty dang cool.

I really want one of these things. I'm in Canada though, and I can't find a dealer. MF can't ship it to Canada either.
    EJ Strat

Forum Member

I've been looking at the ads for it in Guitar Player for a few months and thinking "Damn, that looks like a cool amp." I didn't realize it was just $600. Jeez. Now I'm afraid to try one.
    "I haven't slept for ten days...because that would be too long." -- Mitch Hedberg

LGS,

I didn't notice any losses in tone, volume or gain in any of the settings. If you set it a 1w and went to 2w you might notice a big difference. I wouldn't imagine you would with any amp. The best thing to do is to play one yourself.

There is a noticable difference in tone as you turn the wattage up.

Happy Trails