Thread: Princeton Reverb Pedals

Princeton Reverb Pedals

Hey, I have an old silverface Princeton Reverb, but am lacking the two-way selector pedals with the RCA inputs for the reverb and vibrato. Is there a way to rig one of these up without buying the official reproductions? I pretty much keep my reverb on a standard setting anyway, so really only need a switch for the vibrato. Thanks!

Re: Princeton Reverb Pedals

You could either get a single foot switch for a non-reverb amp (it doesn't have to be a Fender foot switch, though you'd need to put an RCA end or adapter on it) or buy a box, switch cable and jack and build your own.

Forum Member

Antique electronics has the Fender chrome duel foot switch you need.

The correct 2-button switch is less than $50.

There are other options.
    You clould just bridge a male RCA plug to leave the 'verb on, and get a $22 PV single switch.
    "Well, I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused..."
    Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by NeoFauve View Post
    There are other options. You could just bridge a male RCA plug to leave the 'verb on, and get a $22 PV single switch.
    Reverb works without the pedal, but the trem circuit is open without the pedal (or shorted RCA plug) and wouldn't work. Unless I'm just confused as to what you're describing, which is entirely possible.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried View Post
    I pretty much keep my reverb on a standard setting anyway, so really only need a switch for the vibrato. Thanks!

I forgot that the reverb is always on on PrReverbs.

You'd need a 1/4"-to-RCA adapter to use the cheap Peavey switch.
    I have two that I use with a 60's Univox amp. They work fine.

The vintagey looking 1-button Fender switch is an easy, $32 solution.
    "Well, I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused..."
    Elvis Costello

Yes, the reverb is always on, and I can dial in the vibrato with the knob, but would definitely like to be able to activate it with a switch instead. I'll look into that cheap, peavey pedal option...I've seen the $40 vintagey replacements, but am always up for a cheaper solution:) Thanks guys!

Just an update...I picked up a new Johnson single-switch pedal on ebay for $11 and got a 1/4"-RCA adapter for another 3 and it works like a charm. Not bad for less than half the price of the official repro:) Thanks guys!

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Yunno, really "cheap" would be......sellin' yer Princeton Reverb on ebay for $1400, buyin' a MIHK Frontman 15G for seventy-five bucks as a replacement, then buryin' the rest of the money in a mason jar in yer backyard.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Woah!!!! So, this will totally reveal my newness to serious guitar, but I had no idea that amp was worth close to that much. I inherited it a few years ago and had heard positive feedback from some "real" guitar players, but I didn't think it was THAT cool. Holy crap!

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

I might scrimp on pastries at The Donut Hut.

I usually drive a vee-hickle well past the point at which it should be traded in.

An' I always look for bargain-bin DVDs at Wong-Mart.

But I never cheep out when it comes to guitars an' amps. The best parts, the best components (doubly so when it's something vinty, with decades of historical mojo).

Gnome saing?

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."