Thread: Bought a new peavey last night

Forum Member

Bought a new peavey last night

I had wanted to try this, and saw tonight they had dropped the price on these down to 527.00, from the intial price of 749.00 a few months ago. Im really likeing the idea of the neck thru/ String through all mahogany construction (neck also) along with an Ebony fingerboard and I havent seen these features together at all.
    I plan on putting an old Super70 pickup I have I will put a DiMarzio 36th Annv. PAF in the neck.
    I just had to buy it at this price, and no payments noninterest for 3 months should give me some time to catch up on finances.
    My main concern is if the action will get as low as I need it . If not I will send it back.
    BTW, they have 3 or less of these availble now I was able to find out, so if anyone wants one better get it before too long. This is my first new guitar purchase since I was 16YO and I boguht my 71 4 bolt Black Strat w/ maple neck that pains me to think of how I no longer have it.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=511396

I got mine in white which is the only color left;

Re: Bought a new peavey last night

Pretty cool Jerry, I've played one before and it played pretty good, neck felt nice(I used to play explorers alot and really dig there vibe) Can't wait to see more pics and hear your full report!
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009

Not my bag, but looks pretty cool.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Concur, Kap'n......a leetle too "high-speed/low-drag" for an iconoclast like myseff. But it looks like it'll git the job done......plug it into a coupla EVH stacks an' lead a pilgrimmage to Alpha Centauri.

Forum Member

. Peavey EXP came today.Absolute metal Monster.
    I knew I could do metal, but not like this! I've never used real high output pickups like this but they really slam my Crate Jackson designed Stealth amp( most metal amp I have for now). Scratch the idea to put my Super70 in the guitar. The action on the guitar is extremely low. It plays great-no it dont play like a Gibson, or a Soloist, but its still super fast and I love it, love it, love it. Fit and finish was excellent-not perfect. Neck is super straight and frets are huge and level.No buzzing or dead spots with super low action. I wonder if I talk to MF about a imperfection in the binding they will give me 12% of for scratch and dent if I threaten to send it back?
    Let there be no doubt.I have 5 strats and I love em...but Strats Cannot do metal like this!

Here it is, the Peavey Lmtd. ( well, they probably made a zillion , so I don't think its very "limited"), neck thru/string thru mahogany body and neck EXP. Fantastic axe for 527.00. You'll never hear me knock cheap guitars again.

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by jerryjg View Post
    I had wanted to try this, and saw tonight they had dropped the price on these down to 527.00, from the intial price of 749.00 a few months ago. Im really likeing the idea of the neck thru/ String through all mahogany construction (neck also) along with an Ebony fingerboard and I havent seen these features together at all.
    I plan on putting an old Super70 pickup I have I will put a DiMarzio 36th Annv. PAF in the neck.
    I just had to buy it at this price, and no payments noninterest for 3 months should give me some time to catch up on finances.
    My main concern is if the action will get as low as I need it . If not I will send it back.
    BTW, they have 3 or less of these availble now I was able to find out, so if anyone wants one better get it before too long. This is my first new guitar purchase since I was 16YO and I boguht my 71 4 bolt Black Strat w/ maple neck that pains me to think of how I no longer have it.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=511396

I got mine in white which is the only color left;

Jerry - if you took those pictures you should consider making posters. This is ART! I like the middle picture.

Glad to hear your diggin' it Jerry, sometimes guitars don't need any fixin' and are just good ta go! Congrats dude!
    RIP Lacey Cat 1992-2009

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by curt1lp View Post
    Jerry - if you took those pictures you should consider making posters. This is ART! I like the middle picture.
    I didn't take those pictures, but I'll take credit for them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stonefreefuzz1 View Post
    Glad to hear your diggin' it Jerry, sometimes guitars don't need any fixin' and are just good ta go! Congrats dude!

Yeah..well..I AM thinking just a bit about a Duncan Distortion neck..

Doooooood! I can just imagine how good it would feel to do Jeff Watson tapping licks on that speed demon!

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."