Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Princeton Reverb???

Re: New Princeton Reverb???

Quote Originally Posted by Marcondo View Post
    As far as Fenders cost to make one I dont see why it would cost alot more than a Blues Jr. Both 15 watts with reverb and PCB.
    Yeah, but there's that groovy metal Fender logo with tail to put on the grills...have you checked eBay lately to see what they cost now?!

Oh, and I caught this on another site:

I'm hearing thru the grapevine that Fender is reissuing the BF Princeton Reverb for $799 (not sure if that's
    street or not) this Spring and that when it is announced, it will actually be available.
    So, I could expect to get this used on eBay a few months later for $500?
    Last edited by NTBluesGuitar; 04-13-2008 at 06:36 PM.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

I would say $799 is about the max they could charge and still expect to sell alot which is why they are in business.

That new Princeton Reverb recording amp was a huge flop. They will probably discontinue that model.

Quote Originally Posted by NTBluesGuitar View Post
    Yeah, but there's that groovy metal Fender logo with tail to put on the grills...have you checked eBay lately to see what they cost now?!
    No logo on a real '65.

That $799 price is really interesting.

OTOH, it's still $100 more than a HRDx. You and I know the difference will be worth it, but what about the other six billion people in the world?
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

That new Princeton Reverb recording amp was a huge flop. They will probably discontinue that model.
    Good riddance.

It failed because:
    • It wasn't really a Princeton Reverb
    • It came with stompbox effects
    • It was UG-ly
    Never mind that that attenuator was pretty interesting at least on paper. GC never stocked it because it wouldn't sell to any of their demographics (young metalhead or geezer blues player). That means nobody ever heard it.

If the attenuator actually sounds good, I suspect we'll see it as a stand alone box, as the Fender Slender or something.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n View Post
    OTOH, it's still $100 more than a HRDx. You and I know the difference will be worth it, but what about the other six billion people in the world?
    Good point.

Scary...but accurate.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Forum Member

I talked to a guy at Fender on Friday. I told him that there was an announcement in the newest VG magazine which he just happened to have on his desk. He checked out the page and put me on hold. He came back and said since it's been "officially" announced, that yes, they are coming , most likely at Summer NAMM.

He DID NOT have a spec sheet or pricing info so that's all the current info I have.

I also talked to a local mom and pop Fender dealer Friday and he did not yet have info but I logged into his want list and he's supposed to call when he gets info.

My guess is that the PRRI will be more than a Blues Junior but less than the DRRI. My Blues Junior goes on sale momentarily and the proceeds go to the PRRI fund!

DRRI's are $949 and Blues Jr's are $479 street price.

$715 is right in the middle.

So if they made the PRRI sell for $699 street that would be cool.

Its definatly gotta be less than the DRRI is.

I was barely able to sell my super nice '68 Princeton Reverb for $1000. It took a while to get that price.

Fender will have a hell of a time moving these if they don't keep the price down.

On the other hand, I think the typical Fender re-issue amp owner would rather have a new blackface looking amp than an early silverface with the original blackface circuit.

Forum Member

If it hits the streets priced anywhere in the $500-700 range its gonna be a big big seller.

Im surprised they didnt do it as a Reissue before they did some of the others. A Deluxe Reverb and Princeton Reverb gotta be the 2 most popular Fender reverb amps.
    I'd say $700.00, $625.00 if you know somebody.