Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proud of my Strat and rig / new member

Forum Member

Re: Proud of my Strat and rig / new member

Yowza, you've got awesome gear. Can we hear it?

Forum Member

OH my God! Another uptade of my pedalboard...

Pierre

AV Strat57/ Teese Picture Wah/ Sweetsound Mojo Vibe/ Sweetsound Fillmore West Fuzz/ Mad Professor Forest Green Compressor/ SkreddyPedals Top Fuel/ Lovepedal COT50/ Lovepedal Burst Eternity/ Lovepedal Mini Buffer/ Korg Pitchblack tuner/ Mad Professor Tiny Orange Phaser/ Analog.Man Mini Chorus (14.5V) / Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay/ DRRI with 2 Weber speakers. http://photobucket.com/stratav57

Yes, that means your total load is now at 4 ohms since the DRRI has parallel wiring between the 2 speakers. This is fine. In a 2x12 combo where you will always run the 2 speakers, putting 2 16 ohm speakers in parallel as the DRRI is wired will give you 8 ohms which is what the amp is designed for. It would be a match.

Reason I asked is that I am either thinking of building a 2x12 combo or using a DRRI with extension. I started another thread in the amp section you may want to read.

I will most likely do the extension cabinet to start and build a cabinet like yours......someday
    "Sorry" - John Belushi as he smashed a guitar in Animal House

Beautiful amp!!!! What kind of joints?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erock_Germany View Post
    Yes, that means your total load is now at 4 ohms since the DRRI has parallel wiring between the 2 speakers. This is fine. In a 2x12 combo where you will always run the 2 speakers, putting 2 16 ohm speakers in parallel as the DRRI is wired will give you 8 ohms which is what the amp is designed for. It would be a match.

Reason I asked is that I am either thinking of building a 2x12 combo or using a DRRI with extension. I started another thread in the amp section you may want to read.

I will most likely do the extension cabinet to start and build a cabinet like yours......someday
    I think it's wrong my friend! The internal speaker output is 8 ohms cause the DRRI want to see 8 ohms, right. The external speaker ouput is 8 ohms also. So if you want to put an extension cab (or other(s) speaker(s)) the DRRI should see 8 ohms total again. So you can put a cab with one 8 ohms speaker or two 16 ohms in parralel for a total of 8 ohms external. So the DRRI continue to see 8 ohms. Am I right?
    Pierre

AV Strat57/ Teese Picture Wah/ Sweetsound Mojo Vibe/ Sweetsound Fillmore West Fuzz/ Mad Professor Forest Green Compressor/ SkreddyPedals Top Fuel/ Lovepedal COT50/ Lovepedal Burst Eternity/ Lovepedal Mini Buffer/ Korg Pitchblack tuner/ Mad Professor Tiny Orange Phaser/ Analog.Man Mini Chorus (14.5V) / Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay/ DRRI with 2 Weber speakers. http://photobucket.com/stratav57

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Notyethendrix View Post
    Beautiful amp!!!! What kind of joints?
    Dovetailed joints.
    Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by stratav57 View Post
    I think it's wrong my friend! The internal speaker output is 8 ohms cause the DRRI want to see 8 ohms, right. The external speaker ouput is 8 ohms also. So if you want to put an extension cab (or other(s) speaker(s)) the DRRI should see 8 ohms total again. So you can put a cab with one 8 ohms speaker or two 16 ohms in parralel for a total of 8 ohms external. So the DRRI continue to see 8 ohms. Am I right?
    Actually, not....on a DRRI it is clear (as with all Deluxe Reverbs) that the total load for BOTH extension and NORMAL is a total of 8 ohms in parallel - Not 8 Ohms each. I am going to buy a DRRI in January and then have an extension cabinet made. Amp and Cabinet will have 2 8 Ohm Webers (one 12F150 and one California 12 Ceramic) With the internal and external engaged a DRRI sees 4 Ohms then.

The experts here have coached me on this one and I checked with Fender and I actuall got an answer. There is no problem, the DRRI will handle the 4 Ohms. As I am told. Look arounf, there is a thread I started on this.

I thought of having 2 16 Ohm speakers (Ted does these) but if I run the amp without a cabinet, it sees 16 Ohms and this is a big no no.

If I had a nice combo cabinet, I would run 2 16 ohm speakers.......
    "Sorry" - John Belushi as he smashed a guitar in Animal House

Forum Member

Another uptade... hope it's the last one!

Pierre