Thread: Worth it???

Worth it???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Silvertone-twin-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Can anyone tell from the pictures and description if it will be an easy fix? The inside sure seems clean...
    Yummo!

My Gear:
    Gibson SG
    James Burton Tele (standard---not the flaming one)
    Guild Bluegrass Jubilee w/DTar
    Kap'n 5E3
    Marsh 5F11

Re: Worth it???

Seriously cool amps. Great breakup. Great for blues stuff. We all had them way back when. If your handy it might be worth it.

I've got one and that and my SFTR are my 2 favorites. That one looks seriously clean. I know my amp guy would have no problem with it. At that price, you can't lose! I paid $125 for mine before they went crazy. I have a similar problem with mine right now, I'm just waiting to save up a bit of cash to get mine fixed. Those things are great rock amps and love Les Pauls with P90's!
    ...and on the 8th day, God created the Super Reverb and there was ROCK, and it was GOOD!

Forum Member

Looks pretty clean other than the rust on the transformers and that's not that bad... if I had to blindly guess, I'd say that one of the electrolytic capacitors gave it up as they are original to the amp. In an amp this age, all of them would need replacing. Be aware that those things are a serious PITA to work on due to the crowding in the chassis, especially in the voltage doubling circuit... a tech would use a bit more labor to fix it as opposed to a Fender board.