Thread: They have Arrived!!

They have Arrived!!

I was begining to think that santa had sold them... Anyway, my GFS Premium II's are here. Does it matter that two of them were stuck together by the magnets (bottom to bottom)? I dont wont to be losing any valuable tone. Also, is fitting these an easy job? I have the Clapton mid boost kit also (should be here wednesday) thats got to go in..... and i've just remembered that you have to cut a resses into the guitar, so i think i'll just let me local pro do it all. So i guess i just want to know about if the two pickups being stuck together does any damage. Cheers. (Getting excited now)
    "I'm not mad, i just like to keep myself company"

Re: They have Arrived!!

Uh-oh. Send 'em back.

Just kidding. They should be fine.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
    -Dave Barry

hey bro, were did you order your Clapton mid boost kit from, ive been wanting one, any info will help

thanks man!

oh, forgot to ask im looking for a good set of pups (fender) to go with this set up ...... any input on this

I've held back on my comments so far on these pickups as i've not taken them for a proper test drive. The only thing i have to work with at the moment is Guitar Rig 2. The first thing i've noticed is the clarity and sparkle (mid boost off). Far far better than the standard squier pickups.
    my problem is, i dont really know what tone i want if that makes sense. I hear all these great guitar players with all these different tones and i think, i want to sound like this guy or that guy, then i just get lost somewhere in it all.
    Setting the pickup height is giving me a head ache as well. (i know i prefer them set lower). But finding a sweet spot is proving hard, which is why i'm gonna hold judgment on these till i find an amp thats to my taste.
    I'll try and get some clips up and see what you guys think.
    "I'm not mad, i just like to keep myself company"

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gonzales View Post
    oh, forgot to ask im looking for a good set of pups (fender) to go with this set up ...... any input on this
    You may want to look at what this person has to offer..

www.guitarfetish.com

thanks for all the info, i do under stand you when you say, you dont know what sound you want. Im going through that now i only played through SS amps before. now im trying tube amps, HRDX with a V30 speaker and a MiA HSS strat, ive always been a fender man dont think ill every change, i really like the sound the two have however im still missing something, im tring to stay way from pedals right now, i really want to see what me a guitar and an amp can do. im thinking about trying a 57 Twin-Amp, ive always liked the soung. im playing more blues music now, so im looking for more of a blueses sound, i like the sound im getting from the HRDX, im still not sure about the HSS, but im going to stay with them for now (very expensive). it does have alot of tone i just need to find the soul in it or in me......... as for the 57 Twin im going to get it now anyways, im only getting older may aswell injoy now!