Thread: American Standard in natural?

Forum Member

American Standard in natural?

Hey guys, I walked into my local store today and saw an ash bodied Fender strat hanging on the wall. In natural. I've always had GAS for natural ash strats but really wanted a US version, but having re-read Frontline religiously over the past 4 years, I know that there's only 3 natural ash strats - 70s in MIM and MIA, and the Lite Ash. Well this defintely wasn't any of those. No big headstock, no black pickguard. It was definitely an American Standard, with the serial starting with Z6 and the USA sticker on the guard. Have I missed something? Did fender start making these again? Or is this a special GC/MF run or something?

Re: American Standard in natural?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphial View Post
    Have I missed something? Did fender start making these again? Or is this a special GC/MF run or something?
    I dont know, but FWIW I saw what I thought was a natural MIM standard in a GC about three weeks ago.

Re: American Standard in natural?

The MIA natural finish strats exist. The other guitarist in my band has one, I believe it's an '06 and I saw another one in a Pawn Shop earlier this week.
    VM

If aliens listened to our current top 40, they'd think that the entire planet was populated by sexually ambivalent robots with ethnic insecurity.