Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could only keep one amp ?

Re: If you could only keep one amp ?

Quote Originally Posted by TT100 View Post

Fender

TT

Wow that is a clean amp. Any more photos of it?

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

Thanks Brian!

The best photos I have of it, including that one, were from the ebay auction where I found it. It had just been serviced by the owner, an amp tech in west Texas, and was being auctioned by his buddy. I lost the auction first time around but through email had built a good rapport with the seller. When it re-appeared on ebay a few weeks later, same pics and everything, I emailed him and found out that a doctor had won it initially for his kid but the kid turned his nose up at it. Even though the seller had placed an even higher BIN on it and as I was current high bidder, he offered it to me for what I bid last go round. Very cool guy. When I got it one of the spring hangars in the reverb tank had snapped and the owner sent me out a few spares. It took about an hour to repair.

The other pics are on my laptop and I'll post them and provide a link tomorrow.

TT
    On SmartPhones:

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert.

1955 Champ,1965 Champ,1966 Pro Reverb, 1967 Deluxe Reverb?
    MMMM.. The Deluxe Reverb.

Here are a few more pics. It is pretty clean but not perfect. The Eminence Legends have been replaced with Weber 12F150s and the grillcloth is repro turquoise vintage. The turquoise isn't as prominent in person.

On SmartPhones:

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert.

hmmm... if I had to choose one right now, it would porbably be my re-worked and re-cab'ed Blues Dlx. my other good amps are too loud for my apoartment. Though I'd have a real hard time having to give up my 75 JMP...
    I do know which amp I'd give up first...Boogie Rocket 44.
    doesn't sound good till it gets way too loud (louder than any of my 100-w amps do before they start sounding good)
    the tone isn't "me" anyways. want to sell it as it is, but haven't gotten around to it.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Forum Member

I own 3 Tweed amps, a '59Bassman, a '59 Pro and a '56 Tremolux. That would be a hard decision to make, but I think I would keep the Tremolux. It is great around the house, small gigs and for bigger gigs I can always mic it. Yeah, this 5E9-A is THE ONE!

Forum Member

Rickenjangle
    Sorry it took so long to answer your question. I don't get on the board that much. The group I played in is now defunct. We broke up in Dec after a 4 year overnight success story. Long story actually. I have heard of your group and seen you guys a few times. Currently I am looking for a band to join or start a new one.
    Greg

Greg,

good luck on the new band endeavor. There are tons of great musicians around here to play with. However, it can be hard to find bass players who don't expect to be paid a lot...Crossfyre has a great bass player in Greg W. (Mikey's son) - but for my own project (Johnny B. & Friends) it took me quite awhile, and even now I still have to break in the new bass player before we can gig.

As far as Crossfyre goes, with 3 guitar players on board, we are pretty much maxed out. You might try to contact Offshore Angler or Mikey to see if they know anyone; OSA has a pretty good network of player/friends.

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

One Amp?
    No freakin way!

But, If I had to choose. It would be my Mesa MK IV. It always delivers, no matter what the situation.

Just a guess, but I think Mr. Fuzzy likes Hamers.
    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by EJG View Post
    Just a guess, but I think Mr. Fuzzy likes Hamers.
    How did you Guess?

and Gibsons

And Fenders

Variety... the spice of life

Mr. Fuzzy, that is a truly droolworthy collection. The Supro amp gives me pause...and GAS...I'd love to see a complete rundown on all the pieces in your pics, including those sexy tweeds that are hinted at at the top of the pics...and also all about the guit-fiddles, including the 3 Gibbies and the lone Epi - as in, how does it stack up to its more expensive cousins...

Do tell - dish on all your tone toys!

:drool:

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

The UK. Not all of it mind, just a bit of it.

Well, if I could have one, only one, no more than one, I'd want versatility. Now I know this doesn't strictly count but....

I'll make do with this