Thread: THD Hot Plate Ohms for Vibroverb

THD Hot Plate Ohms for Vibroverb

Hey guys, new to the forum and need some help. I have a reissue 64 Vibroverb (diaz mods) and I did buy it now on a 4 Ohm THD Hot-Plate Attenuator. Did I get the wrong one?

The back panel in the Vibroverb says "Min 4 Ohm" at the speaker jacks, Fender site says "50 Watts output into 4 Ohms" but there is another stat column that says "8 Ohm"and the stock speaker in the Verb is a 15" 8 Ohm unit.

Can I use the 4 Ohm attenuator or do I need to return it and get the 8 Ohm unit.

Thanks

Bill in Denver
    Strat Ultra Neck/3.5 Lb Alder body W/Lace Holy Grail PUP's>TS-808>Newer 2 Channel Pro Reverb>Effects Loop out to a Digitech reverb Pedal/Stereo out's: one back into the Pro, the other into the front of a reissue Vibroverb (bright switch off). I get clean & screaming SRV tone at bedroom and live sound levels. Not very portable tho.

Re: THD Hot Plate Ohms for Vibroverb

I was afraid of that, thanks.....
    Strat Ultra Neck/3.5 Lb Alder body W/Lace Holy Grail PUP's>TS-808>Newer 2 Channel Pro Reverb>Effects Loop out to a Digitech reverb Pedal/Stereo out's: one back into the Pro, the other into the front of a reissue Vibroverb (bright switch off). I get clean & screaming SRV tone at bedroom and live sound levels. Not very portable tho.

I have used hotplates with several marshalls ( 16 ohms ) and a Bassbreaker ( 2 ohm ) all with good results.....I last week Picked one up and tried it with my 64 Vibroverb Custom ( a purple 8 ohm ) ...and Even at the 4db cut ..It really took the sparkle and charachter out of the tone more than all the other amps I have tried it with .It just took the wonderful " touch sensitivity " out of the chain..Too bad though ...The way that the speaker is set up on the 64VVC , it plugs into a 1/4 " Jack as opposed to other fenders that require a little soldering ..so it is real easy to set it up quickly and then just go back to the stock setup ...YMMV . but I didnt care for the result ...
    Last edited by Tele00; 02-09-2007 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks for the input, could I use Yellow Jackets with the 64 Vibroverb Custom?