Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A new reason to listen to, or not listen to, a few well-known bands

APPOLOGIES TO ANYONE &EVERYONE HERE

GANG I WAS SHARING MY POINT OF VIEW
    I WASNOT INTENTIONALLY INSULTING ANYONE HERE BELIEVE IT OR NOT
    I AM SORRY
    AL I KNO
    IS SOMEWHERE OUT THERE IN IRAQ OR SAUDI ARABIA OR IN THAT REGION UNDER MOUNDS OF SAND STANDA WMD OK !

I NEVE MEANT TO INSULT ANYONE IN THIS FORUM ACTUALLY THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THIS TOPIC

OK?

I APPOLOGIZE TO ALL
    TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT
    BUT I WILL NOT STOP PARTICIPATING OR READING THE FENDER FORUM

THIS STUFF IS TOO HEAVY ALL IT DOES IS STIRR UP DEAD AIR
    LETS FACE IT SOMEWHERE OUT THERE SOMEONE HAS A NUKE AIMED AT US

FACT !!!!

I WONT SAY NO MORE ON THIS SUBJECT

ITS HARD TO DESCRIBE POVERTY VS ELITE ELITE HAS UPPER HAND THEM CONGRESSMEN DRIVE LEXUSSES AND BMW'S DO MOST OF YOU
    I DONT
    OK?

MAYBE I OVERSPOKE
    AGAIN I APPOLOGIZE

ALL I AM SAYING
    IS
    TO ALL YOU READING THIS
    I TRULY AM SORRY
    I APPOLOGIZE SINCERELY BUT I WILL TAKE THE SHIRT OFF MY BACK TO HELP EACH & EVERY ONE OF YOU
    believe it or not i really do have a heart
    i think love out weighs hate on the ricter scale
    in monumental detail any day
    i appologize to everyone of you whole / honestly and sincerely
    lou

keep smilin
    lou
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

Forum Member

Re: Hi, Lou

Originally posted by VibroCount
    Democrats see no good in George W. Bush, and saw few faults in Bill Clinton.

I'm one Democrat that despised Bill Clinton. Mostly because when he took office in the first term, he had the momentum to really make some sweeping changes and blew it by getting bogged down in the Gays In The Military fiasco and by not pushing hard enough on Health Care reforms (backing down from the hospital and insurance lobbies). He could have been a great president and I dislike him mostly for the squandered opportunity. I voted for him in his second term hoping they would get thier act together and instead we got Monicagate.

BTW, I'd vote for him again if he was running against Bush.

"Chimp"

"Slick Willie"

I fail to see the fundamental difference in name-calling. Guess which one I've heard more?

Back to the origins of the thread: It's funny how folks will slam celebrities who have different policies than them, but embrace the ones who are in agreement.

Charlton Heston, anyone?

Forum Member

Rights of US citizens:

In this country you can:

shoot your mouth off
    bury the hatchet
    wear your hair in bangs
    pound the pavement
    go off half-cocked
    hang glide
    rip their hearts out
    tear along the dotted line
    kill the umpire
    burn rubber
    bite the hand that feeds you
    punch in, punch out
    bust a move
    fire all of your guns at once
    explode into space

We love our violence, eh?

:nelson
    The free things in life are best.

TFF Stage Crew
    Please chill out on the inflammatory remarks & personal insults.
    Last edited by Cogs; 09-28-2003 at 05:38 PM.

Originally posted by pbradt
    ...and you can bet I will be in your face about it.

I see reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits. Here's the link again, perhaps I should put "Click here" next to it.

Read it and weep. The bullshit here appears to be between your ears, pal. Oh, yeah, there's that reading comprehension thing.

...you have no business even challenging those who oppose Shrub.

You just stay stupid. It seems to suit you.

You know, I think Chris was on to something.

Chimp and his boys are a bunch of thugs pandering to right-wing Southern Baptists who are simultaneously raping the planet, turning the clock back on social activism, destroying the American middle class, bankrupting the federal government and attempting to enthrone Our Lord and Personal Saviour Jesus Christ as head of GOP while attempting to bring about His Second Coming by using United States forign policy and military might to fulfill Bible Prophecy.

Is that what you want?

Hmm, yes I think I do.

Forum Member
    Originally posted by Guitar Jones
    [B]Originally posted by pbradt

You know, I think Chris was on to something.
    Why, because I won't bow down before your beliefs?

Sorry, never have been good at letting people walk on me and I wasn't going to start with you.
    Last edited by pbradt; 09-28-2003 at 07:37 PM.

Why, because I won't bow down before your beliefs?

Sorry, never have been good at letting people walk on me and I wasn't going to start with you.

Me? Walk on you? You are just an insulting, mean spirited person. I stepped up to have a debate with you and when things weren't going your way you hurled insults at me and attacked my intelligence. I don't know about your IQ and I wouldn't comment on it. I know what mine is and I'm secure with that knowledge.

Forum Member
    Me? Walk on you? You are just an insulting, mean spirited person. I stepped up to have a debate with you and when things weren't going your way you hurled insults at me and attacked my intelligence. I don't know about your IQ and I wouldn't comment on it. I know what mine is and I'm secure with that knowledge.
    Umm, the first insult was right here

That is the best fecking laugh I've had in at least three months. Thanks man.
    So who insulted who? Who was mean-spirited?

I rest my case, your honor.
    Last edited by pbradt; 09-28-2003 at 07:57 PM.

TFF Stage Crew
    Here, guys. I have a ton of these. Feel free to use as many as you like.

I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?
    I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?
    what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?
    I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I?
    :lol2 :lol2 :lol2
    Last edited by Cogs; 09-28-2003 at 08:03 PM.

Forum Member

Am I too late...

...to see the rest of the self-righteousness parade pass by?

I fail to see how my comment equates to an insult. Your comments on the other hand are personal attacks directed at me.

Now if I wanted to insult you I probably would have said something like this for example. You have all the intellectual agility of a small soap dish. But I didn't say that and I wouldn't. I don't see how my saying that your arguement was laughable to me is a personal attack or insult.
    Last edited by Guitar Jones; 09-29-2003 at 03:24 AM.

No problem, I'm done. I apologize if my statements were construed as insults or personal attacks, they were not intended to be.

Forum Member
    No problem, I'm done. I apologize if my statements were construed as insults or personal attacks, they were not intended to be.
    GJ: I stand by my beliefs but I apologize for the...vigor with which I presented them.

Forum Member
    Last edited by pbradt; 09-29-2003 at 07:25 AM.

You know Pete, never once have I claimed to be a Bush supporter. I've said before I have problems with him. But I do believe the man in the office has a very tough job and deserves a little respect from the people of his county. And yes that included Bill.

But just in case you're interested my man was Alan Keys.
    Last edited by Guitar Jones; 09-29-2003 at 07:43 AM.

Forum Member
    I find that frightening beyond what words can express, but whatever floats your boat.

I can see that ideologically, we are about as far apart as two people can be.

So who's your favorite guitarist? Mine's Lee Roy Parnell.
    Last edited by pbradt; 09-29-2003 at 07:40 AM.

Roy Buchanan.

Forum Member
    Roy Buchanan.
    How can people who are so different ideologically idolize the same guitarist? Roy's the reason I play a Tele.

Lee Roy's the reason I play slide on a Strat. See http://members.tripod.com/bluestele/...te/leeroy.html for details.
    Last edited by pbradt; 09-29-2003 at 07:46 AM.

How can people who are so different ideologically idolize the same guitarist? Roy's the reason I play a Tele.

Idolize is too strong of a word for me. I love Roy's music. As far as how two people so far apart can find common ground in music is no mystery to me. Music transends bounderies, preconcieved notions and beliefs. It's part of it's attraction.

I keep swearing I won't get into any more of these debates, but I guess it's part of living live on the net... The fundimental thing that I think it important is that we have the right to HONEST government. I want elected officials that will tell me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear.

If a government official lies to me, he should be thrown out of office. I served over ten years in elected office and am proud I never lied. I was lied to all the time by other elected officials and beurocrats. I've seen town finace directors steal from public fundss and given a slap on the wrist.

The Conservatives push for Family Values and the 10 Commandments - It seems the normal accepted version of the ninth comandment is "Thou Shalt Not LIE!" the literal translation of the ninth: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.' Either way, GW appears to have broken that one big time. Sorry, I'm tired of a double standard. Wrong is wrong, and no amount of name calling justifies it.

It appears that George Bush lied to HIS people and the rest of the world. If that is not true, so be it, but the evidence sure points to it. When Clinton lied about his blowjob, the US Government (led by the Republican right) spent $70,000,000 (Forgive me if I got the amount wrong, that is the number I recall) to prove it and try and impeach him. It would have been cheaper to buy Monica a bottle of Scope. While Clinton's indiscretion was wrong - and the LIE was worse than the act- he did lie to all of us. He lied to his wife, he lied to his daughter and he lied to the American people.

Bush's lies are costing American lives. He lied to the UN, and now he is going back to them and asking for their help. I'll give him credit - he has big brass ones!

as far as the original point of this thread. There have been movements to get young people involved in elections for years . I remember Rock The Vote at least 15 years ago. The young people they are trying to reach are the ones who will inherit the world we are shaping now - they need to know that and figure out how to shape it so they can have the good life, too. Before Springsteen sang Born in the USA at the concert he played at two weeks ago, he talke about Americans being vigilant - keeping our politicians honest. He got cheers for saying it, too.That is the point - not if the right is right or the left is right, but whether people can run the country and win elections without LYING.

Just for the heck of it - try reading Al Franken's new book "Lies and the Lying Liers Who Tell Them"... I'm reading it now - Interesting stuff.

Last edited by gibsonjunkie; 09-29-2003 at 09:04 AM.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member
    Originally posted by gibsonjunkie

Just for the heck of it - try reading Al Franken's new book "Lies and the Lying Liers Who Tell Them"... I'm reading it now - Interesting stuff.

When I have a job or money again, I will.

:bug
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

TFF Stage Crew
    Here's my man:

govt issues ok

i dont have any serious problems with acknoleging each of your posts and ideas and views where i am is
    hey who ever piked on me about the born into entertainment issue thats un fair but it is truth i aint ashamed at all I DONT HAVE TO ANSWRER TO YOU OR GIVE YOU REASONS WHY I WAS BORN INTO A VERY MUSICAL SEMI FAMOUS FAMILY IN NY OK?DONT BELIEVE ME
    ITS JUST A FABLE WELL DREAM AGAIN i kno its hard to comprehend !!! life is rough i had nothing NOTHING handed to me on a silver platter OK? i took up music so i WOULDNT FOLLOW INTO actingNO LIES THERE EITHER !!!!YOU DONT KNO
    I DONT FOLLOW AFTER OTHERS
    i learned guitar very young on my own and i am a southpaw (lefty)
    i play righty

ALL I WILL SAY IS MY COUSIN WAS A FAMOUS ACTOR PERIOD WE ALL WERE FROM NY HENRY WINKLER LIVED APPROX 2 BLOCKS PAST MY BLOCK I WAS RAISED AS A KID
    I DONT LIE HENRY WINKLER WAS FROM BROOKLYN

YEA AND THE STATUE OF LIBERTY MEANs NOTHING

SHE MEANS FREEDOM TO ME

I DONT LIE TO NO ONE

i kno just as much as you do

we all float in the same boat
    i do not RIDICULE any presidents or forum members all i did once was state my point of view boy i was wrong

i think picking on me is not too kool because if it was that post reply intended or aimed at me
    i kno politics maybe not the best but i am american

the reason that the the terrorists who ever they wewere /flew them planes into the trade centers was a big mistake on our govt security bar none

i accidentally called them iraquis or camel jockeys and quickly jump down my throat !!!boy who has a temper tantrum i kno i dont i laughed it off

i feel bad for our soldiers every day they risk their lives for our security or oil i dont kno why they really are there only army / secret service / marines cia or top notch upper ones do...

not even you a 100%unless youre in the elite group of marines or army trop notch soldiers / general or presidential advisor etc...

SO I DONT SPELL TOO GOOD OR TALK THE BEST NO ONE IS PERFECT

if my thread opinion was read more thoroughly i was sticking up 100%for our soldiers our people here in the usa we do need to take care of our selves some of you got it better off than others but we all bleed when cut no arguments there!

i even told you all i am pretty english language illiterate thats why i can not be a raP STAR OK
    YEA I EVEN POSTED MY APPOLOGIES ON THIS FORUM TO EVERYONE WHO ACCIDENTALLY MISTAGINGLY TOOK ME THE WRONG WAY !!

maybe my appologies arent good enough FOR YOU who ever you are But at leat i do try to appologize unlike some

i told many of you on one of my posts i was born into a very italian speaking family so i have a hard time translatiing words etc.....
    i again appologize

none of you out there in fender land arte perfect
    i respect every one of you no matter what you think and a few of my good friends in here kno i really mean i'll take the shirt off my back to help out anyone
    go ask vibro count
    i don not bash ethnic groups

i did say camel jockeys well they all pretty much do live in a desert over there no matter if they are saudi's iraqui's or afghanistanians etc so i made a mistake sorry again you gonna say a desert doesnt contain sand and cAMELS??

that was last week
    i been lost for words to express my appologies

we all are human
    we all are dna

9/11 i lost alot of people i was close to RELATIVES ETC FRIENDS so say what you will i seen the event /the after math first hand it was disgusting so yea i am a little peterbed but i appologize if i accidentally offended anyone in this forum

dont get me wrong maybe you dont kno what its like to pick up a womens shoe with her foot still in it i did i smelled the dust of humans
    ok

we all are dna
    i seen it

i am pro american i love people any type but them hijackers i feel sorry for because they did so much damage

to some of you you might think it was merely nothing but many many newyorkers families and new jersey families were and are still devastated at the loss of a loved one or ones
    so it hit me hard
    i aint appologizing for my resentment
    i feel justice wasnt done yet

i wouldnt wish that 9/11 on anyone
    it was totally horrendous i never seen anything like it or will i ever forget it

i dont kno politics where was the other countries support when that nightmare happend really we did not have support

we our govt was told by them other countries like france give us facts
    ok heres a womans foot inside ax shoe or there is a persons arm sticking out of the rubble or just the mess was enough proof /reasons for us to get support
    i am talking about us the USA

ooooh give us reasons &facts my foot

what else can i say
    but i am sorry gang

i am a people person
    i dont consider myself a democrat or a republican or a liberal i am me a human who tried to help out that horrific day
    ok
    sincerely lou:nelson

dont hate me i dont hate any of you no mattewr what your point of views are ok !
    I AINT TALKIN NO MORE ON THIS SUBJECT
    Last edited by BLUELOU; 09-29-2003 at 01:32 PM.
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

I for one have no problems with you Lou. I just wish you would use a period at least once in awhile so I can tell when one thought ends and another begins. Other than that it's cool.

I for one have no problems with you Lou. I just wish you would use a period at least once in awhile so I can tell when one thought ends and another begins. Other than that it's cool.
    THANKS I WILL TRY OK ?
    SINCERELY LOU
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

Forum Member

So much for restoring integrity to the WH

Forum Member
    Oklahoma, where the wind comes rippin up your house

Looks like a pretty slanted report to me

Everyone knows that the media is left wing as it gets. The spin here is obvious. I would expect no less from them, just as don't expect truthfull reporting. It does look like a wrong thing was done, but by whom? I'll wait to see before I make any judgements.

Re: Looks like a pretty slanted report to me

Originally posted by Fatstrat59
    Everyone knows that the media is left wing as it gets. The spin here is obvious. I would expect no less from them, just as don't expect truthfull reporting. It does look like a wrong thing was done, but by whom? I'll wait to see before I make any judgements.
    Many people believe the media is left - it is not necessarily so...

:p
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

But putting Ann Coulter on the air isn't slanted?

Originally posted by gibsonjunkie
    Many people believe the media is left - it is not necessarily so...

:p
    Can you say Faux (Fox) News? MSNBC?

CNN is the ONLY cable news organ I have any faith in. Anybody who puts that lunatic Ann Coulter on the air (I never thought I'd see the day when Pat Buchanan could appear middle of the road) gets zero cred with me.

I will never understand how Bill Maher can put her on his show.

Ann Coulter....one word....."Hottie"

Opposites DO attract. I never understood this phenomenon either. Look at James Carville and Mary Matelin....what the hell was he/she thinking??
    Maher and Coulter is a continuation of this type of thing....they agree to disagree, and have fun with the repartee.
    Hell Pete, you and I are ideologically 180 degrees apart, yet we find a lot of middle ground in other areas, which is quite enjoyable.

You're not as hot as Ann, though.
    They call me Mr Smooth

Re: But putting Ann Coulter on the air isn't slanted?

CNN is the ONLY cable news organ I have any faith in. Anybody who puts that lunatic Ann Coulter on the air (I never thought I'd see the day when Pat Buchanan could appear middle of the road) gets zero cred with me.

I don't trust a single one of them, and neither should anyone else.

But why shouldn't Ann have her time in the sun, they let every other lunatic on both sides of the fence on TV.

Forum Member

Re: Ann Coulter....one word....."Hottie"

Originally posted by Uncle Pat
    Opposites DO attract. I never understood this phenomenon either. Look at James Carville and Mary Matelin....what the hell was he/she thinking??
    Maher and Coulter is a continuation of this type of thing....they agree to disagree, and have fun with the repartee.
    Hell Pete, you and I are ideologically 180 degrees apart, yet we find a lot of middle ground in other areas, which is quite enjoyable.

You're not as hot as Ann, though.
    Ann Coulter has an adams apple.

IT'S A MAN, BABY!

LOL!
    Last edited by Uncle Pat; 09-30-2003 at 10:45 AM.
    They call me Mr Smooth

Forum Member

Re: Looks like a pretty slanted report to me

Originally posted by Fatstrat59
    I've heard an intresting theory on stuff like this. Basically everyone to the left will call the media too far to the right while everyone to the right will think its too far to the left. To me it basically roots out of your beliefs, if you don't like what they are saying they are too far to the other side.
    I felt so lonesome, all of a sudden. I almost wished I was dead.

bingo

Originally posted by Harpua
    we've been able to move almost freely about iraq for several months now. before the invasion colin powell went to the u.n. and gave a presentation focusing on iraq's WMD programs based on our "intelligence". he presented satellite photos of items being moved (ambiguous), phone conversations between iraqi officers (not damning evidence as it could have been anyone talking about any number of random things), and sketches of mobile weapons labs that look like they were done by a high school art student using photoshop. did you happen to watch or listen to this whole thing on the day it went down? i did. it was interesting.....or at least as interesting and informative as reading the stuff written on an airline vomit bag.

he presented nothing of value and furthermore i was appalled that our secretary of state would deliver such useless evidence as our case for war. i could have done a better job by pulling shit off of a google search. of course, with google, i at least know that the information found MIGHT be potentially valid ...unlike what i saw that day at the u.n.

do you expect me to believe that with satellite technology that can read the letters off of a dime from space, we couldn't track any of this stuff they said was moved from site to site or hidden in the desert? if we had enough intelligence to start a war, how is it that the public hasn't seen any substantiation of these claims? what's with imperialistically declaring war on an autonomous nation, but not being able to back up the reason for doing so?

let us not forget that the main reason we invaded was based on the claim that saddam had WMDs. so you say that the u.n. couldn't find their ass if their hands were stitched to it. ok..that's true, they are generally clueless to begin with. however, now that our "omnipotent" forces are on the ground over there, why haven't they found any anthrax, smallpox, nukes, ebola, etc? give them more time you say...sure...why not? if i turn out to be wrong, then i'll be the first one to say so. however, it just perplexes me that they say we knew what the iraqis had before we went in, but can't produce jack shit.

conducting ourselves like that on the global playing field is simply poor form and it's no wonder that people hate us for one reason or another. we lie, we manipulate, and we bribe to tip the scales of international power to favor our avaricious national interests. with the way everything is globally connected today (economy, environment, health, agriculture, etc..) there's no way we can afford to try and revisit the imperialist tendencies found in previous centuries. it destroyed the romans, crippled the british, and it will eventually do something similar to our society.

whew

anyway, my good friend's brother is in iraq right now as i type this. he is a demolitions expert with the marine corp and is apparently out there trying to dispose of all the random ordinance laying around. i support him and all of our troops 115%. they are just doing their job to the best of their ability, day to day. serving our country and being the instruments that make policy happen is a great thing. i applaud all that they do for us. my beef lies with the idiotic military industrial complex and the commander in chief who has put my friend's brother and hundreds of thousands of others in harms way becuase the policy they dictate is wrong...both morally and factually. i'd like to see the president look into the eyes of a soldier who has seen his buddy's head blown off and tell him "oops..my bad...i guess there wasn't any WMDs (our justification for sending you overseas) there after all". we all know that isn't ever going to happen and this makes me sick.

it's a big shit sandwich and we've all been forced to take a bite, but does pinching your nose shut make it taste any better? no. i want a refund.
    sooo true it is disgusting i agree with you often i wonder whats the factual purpose of the higherups commanderin cheif sending our troops there to be massacred or tortured
    or dragged through the streets head less

my buddy is in the marines over there it is ugly

it aint fair
    life aint fair
    from what i read in this poll of yours;
    youre 100%right on the money dude
    i couldnt word it better
    thanx

lets keep rocking
    i kno wmd do exist in those sanddunes its a timebomb thats all
    somewhere they are in hiding
    lou
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

Back to the long road, not taken, wayyyyyyy back down the track:

I suppose I'm the only one here who really liked the Cheryl Crow Kidd Rock tune.

I've turned very country since I got the Tele.

"She's gone country, look at those boots
    She's gone country, back to her roots..."

And mix it up with the funk, soul, jazzy-Joni, rock, bluz, and R&B of old, that suits the soul.

P.S. to Lou:

Rockin' you in our cradle of brotherhood and compassion, we all lost someone or something.

No one is immune, and all share in your sorrow.