Thread: re squire strat dateing

re squire strat dateing

my squire has serial number s/n cy02090846 and if its worth moding ie better pickups and pots
    regards terry

Evanston IL, or Bluffton OH... which ever comes first.

Re: re squire strat dateing

I don't know about serial number, CY is unknown to me. Was it made in China?

Ask yourself two things:
    1. Do you like most of the guitar, the feel of the neck and overall playability ect.?

2. will it be cheaper to modify your guitar or buy another one?

My first guitar was an 87 dollar squire bullet 20th anniversary special with only one knob and one pup. I then proceeded to put about $110 worth of replacement or additional parts over the next few years.
    Was it economical? probably not, but i liked the neck and I was able to buy a decent guitar a few parts at a time. Then i realized that the plywood body doesn't sustain as much as I'd like it too and no amount of parts can fix that... unless i buy a new body. And I think i'd rather keep it the way it is and buy another guitar.
    "The other Shaltanac's joopleberry shrub is always a more mauvy shade of pinky-russet."

"there's NOTHING WRONG with a live penguin, but...I expected a hamburger!"

hi and thanks for the info. the guitar feels good but its very hard to get the thing set up, lower the action and i get fret buzz higher it and it dont sound right may be i am missing something.
    i may try and pick up a genuine fender but funds are low.
    any help would be thankfull,if you want to email me my ad is terryocean1@gmail.com
    regards terry

CY02 serial numbers are 2002 Crafted In China models.
    Nothing's forgotten...nothing is ever forgotten

B
    oss GT-100 COSM Amp Effects Processor & FS6 Dual Footswitch

Jesters' right about the year and the origin. As for whether it is worth modding, only you know. If you have a sentimental attachment to the guitar then go for it but if not, it would most likely be cheaper to sell it and upgrade.
    If I stopped buying Strats, I would probably get better at playing them.