Thread: Anyone ever buy tubes on line?

Anyone ever buy tubes on line?

What places are recommened as far as good quality, good prices and good service?

Try these folks. Can't be beat.

http://www.thetubestore.com/

brianf
    Oh Man!!! I never knew Fender made amps too!!!

tubes online

yes i have
    i recently ordered el34 tubes from groove tubes and some old stock 7025 pre amp tubes and 4 el84m sovtek power tubes
    they are kool they send your order online right out no problems you tell them what you want / bingo
    lou

do not buy china tubes for the cheaper price you get what you pay for
    i also am fortunate i took apart alot of old tvs as a kid tube tv's i was into tv repairing somewhat i was piss poor so i learned the hard way to survive
    but i raped 7025 or 12ax7 or 12 at7 tubes alot
    i had lots of them
    now my supply of good old american made rca tubes is dwindling down to nothing lmao
    but i still got some old real old lafayette tubes still in boxes and svlania tubes i bought a huge box of tubes blind from this guy but theyre mostly un usable guitar tubes
    im lookin around
    i buy olnos stuff sometimes because i like the tone of rca tubes theyre built good

i got about a dozen el84 electro harmonix sovtek m power rtubes a box of 7695 ge tubes 6ew6 tube in box there is this old box of nbos tubes i bought blind i am lookin at it right now
    lou
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

Ditto tubestore.com

Excellent service and prices...no problems ever with an order.

*knock on wood*
    They call me Mr Smooth

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Anyone ever buy tubes on line?

Originally posted by BlueFrogs
    What places are recommened as far as good quality, good prices and good service?
    It depends if you are wanting NOS tubes or new manufacture. Ther are several good sources for NOS tubes. Brianf's suggestion and also Angela Instruments are good sources for NOS models. You will get very fast service from Angela although I always buy from the website. Others have said phoning in an order can be an experience due to Steve's attitude sometimes.

If you are buying new manufacture there are many sources out there but not all sources carry all models of tubes.

For 6L6's I like Ruby branded 6L6GCMSTR's. They are a copy of the old Sylvania tube of the 70's and sound great. They are very robust and have thick glass. This tube is actually manufactured at a tube plant owned by Ruby in China.

The idea that chinese tubes are no good is antiquated as they have revamped and are producing some wonderful tubes. The facility that had a few problems years ago has converted to making computer crt's.

Ruby warranty's their tubes for 6 months. If you get a bad one they replace it immediately with absolutely no questions asked. I use Ruby exclusively in my repair business because of that. When you order in bulk you are going to get a few bad ones. It can't be helped. The warranty has been great because others I have dealt with charge me to send them back and I have to wait and pay shipping for the replacements. By the time you are through you have actually lost money due to shipping charges. Ruby doesn't make you send the bad ones back.

Tim C.
    Last edited by Tim C.; 09-25-2003 at 08:36 AM.

Forum Member
    KCA NOS Tubes - Mike K knows his sh*t and is a pleasure to do business with.

Originally posted by ric480
    KCA NOS Tubes - Mike K knows his sh*t and is a pleasure to do business with.
    Ditto John...Hey, good to see ya bro!

Forum Member
    I also recommend KCA tubes.
    Still playin' the blues...

Forum Member
    Chalk up one more satisfied KCA customer.

click
    The free things in life are best.

I've had good luck finding tubes on eBay. Just bought a nice pair of Telefunken 12AX7s from some guy in Alaska.

Here are some other good online sources:

http://www.tubesandmore.com/

http://www.tubeworld.com/

http://www.vacuumtubesinc.com/audionew.html