Thread: The Guitar Gridiron

The Guitar Gridiron

alright football fans, time to get your thang on. i'm starting this thread in the hopes that some of you are die-hard pigskin fanatics like yours truly. feel free to comment on all things football.

personally, i'm a ohio state buckeyes fan for college. having lived 23 of my 26 years 40 miles from columbus (springfield), i really had no choice. needless to say, last year was great, if not a 14 game heart-attack. i'm a bit worried about the performance of the team this year, but i think things will kick into gear before too long. hopefully the bucks can continue to find ways to win on a shoestring..god knows that they aren't blowing people up.

...and yes..the whole clarett thing blows, but he was an idiot and deserved to be suspended from the team. hopefully he'll do what's right and focus on developing as student and person this coming year, instead of trying to wage a losing battle against the nfl and their draft rules.

then there's the nfl....it's sad to say, but i'm still a damned bengals fan. hey, i was 11 and impressionable when they went to the super bowl....in 1989. hope marvin lewis gets them back there, but i'm not holding my breath. nuff said.

oh yeah...i also pull for wittenberg university as that's my alma mater. despite being division III, they still whoop up on some teams each year and make the playoffs. life is grand until we get stomped by mount union... despite all that, it's still kind of hard to get all tweaked out about D-III football.

anyway, so what teams do you follow?

-H
    Last edited by Harpua; 09-18-2003 at 06:34 PM.
    it's just not a friday night without some good chinese beer.

University of Memphis fan here. We found out today that there is no chance of moving to the Big East with Louisville and Cincinatti. Our football future looks really bleak.

But, we did beat Ole Miss this year, and might have a winning season for a change.

Go, Tigers, Go!
    Nothing beats an RC and a MoonPie!

but i'm still a damned bengals fan...

Hey dude, your Bengals look much improved this year. (As you can well imagine, I was rooting hard for them in the Raiders game.) As a Broncos fan, I'll always have a healthy respect for Corey Dillon. ;)

Ooops...hit the "submit reply" button too soon.

Anyway, the fact that you took the raiders into OT and only lost by a field goal should make you feel good.

I'm a geezer.

I was a fan of the Raiders during the Tatum era.

They Call Me Assassin :bam
    Ayatollah of Dumbassollah

facebook: Stephen Doc Watson

BRONCOS !!

Im with fusion58.. Broncos all the way. .. and i aint even american. (Norwegian). Been a fan since mid 80s . when i first came over to the states on my first visit. saw my first game and was hooked for life.

so maurice clarett sues the NFL today to force them to admit him to the draft. what an asshole. the NFL is without question the best run sports league in the entire world and has rules in place that seem to keep it that way. if clarett wins and the floodgates open for unprepared kids to fuck up the league...i hope he at least gets drafted by the bengals as punishment for screwing it up for everyone.
    it's just not a friday night without some good chinese beer.

Hmmm. NFL? This year there's several teams I'll watch, probably because we're playing the espn gridiron challenge. Niners, Broncos, Rams, Colts..... I even watch the Titans although most people in Memphis hate them.

College games? I prefer to watch the SEC or maybe Notre Dame or either of the Colorado teams.

Yes, gents, women DO watch football.

Iggs fan here! (Eagles)

i'm 1 of those Philly fans you hear about! i'd BOO my own mother!
    Imanidiot.

TFF Stage Crew
    Yeah Harpua... Go Bucks! Clarett is a moron, but I still loves me Buckeyes. You gotta love how his criminal case here in the Columbus Municipal Court is now assigned to Judge Steven B. Hayes, son of Woody. Irony, anyone?

As for the pros, it's Steelers (or Stillerz, as we said in Western PA) all the way.