Thread: Hardshell case for Bigsby Tele?

Hardshell case for Bigsby Tele?

Which hardshell case fits the bigsby telecaster? Do all the typical fender cases fit?
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

stxrus
    i hope i'm wrong, but i don't believe the bigsby tele will fit in any fender supplied case. the trem is just too big, damn it,

been looking at a 50's classic in white blonde. shit, add a bigsby and there is nothing i want more................. except a truely save HSC to carry that baby around in.

cool axe, i hope it plays well.
    steve

Originally posted by stxrus
    i hope i'm wrong, but i don't believe the bigsby tele will fit in any fender supplied case. the trem is just too big, damn it,

been looking at a 50's classic in white blonde. shit, add a bigsby and there is nothing i want more................. except a truely save HSC to carry that baby around in.

cool axe, i hope it plays well.
    steve
    Well tyour wish has come true. They are here.

http://www.music123.com/Item/?itemno=112679

I didn't think they fit a regular case either but saw a couple vintage on Ebay advertised with origional fender hardshell. It looked like a standard case to me.

Dale
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

stxrus
    the GAS is building but not there yet. still no rather inexpensive HSC to lor it around with, yet.
    steve

I've got a Bigsby on my '62 RI Tele and it fits in a regular hardshell case just fine. The lid compresses the Bigsby handle some, but that's no big deal.

Originally posted by TeleTubby
    I've got a Bigsby on my '62 RI Tele and it fits in a regular hardshell case just fine. The lid compresses the Bigsby handle some, but that's no big deal.
    This is what it looked like to me in the photos as well. Thanks!

Dale

stxrus
    Originally posted by TeleTubby
    damnit!! that is not what i need to hear right now. gas is creeping abd we are in the middle of storm season. no new toys until the middle of october when the chance of stroms are just about over for us.

that is one real pretty telecaster along with a whammy.

steve

There is a double bound alder 60's with a bigsby as well. Neither appear to be due much before Oct. Does that help?

stxrus
    Originally posted by Dale
    There is a double bound alder 60's with a bigsby as well. Neither appear to be due much before Oct. Does that help?
    well, sorta but not really. the gas pains will just get larger. ash body, white blonde, either board works for me, and a bigsby.:bigal
    hope they are still around when the season is over.
    steve

Originally posted by Dale
    Like I needed to hear *that*.....

GAS is a wonderful thing.

Dale

Also, I think when you spin the arm toward the end pin, it tilts slightly down, rather that slightly up.
    So theoretically, Stxrus, if you were to give in to the GAS, unless your case is manhandled by baggage goons, each time you open it up to play your fine Bigsby-fied Tele it should still be in tune. Theoretically, that is. You know, if you were to happen to acquire one. :nicholas
    "Well, I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused..."
    Elvis Costello