Thread: DOD Supra Distortion, Wow!

DOD Supra Distortion, Wow!

I originally thought this was a piece of junk, but I decided to try it again with my second amp, my Vox 2x10 Mini-Stack.

It still sounds like junk, but when you run it into a Tubescreamer type device, this time into a Tubeulator, it seems to tame the harshness of the pedal it it gives you this creamy overdrive sound with super long Santana type sustain. I just have to figure out how to adapt it so it can run on a standard power supply, and I may try adding into my chain. My DS1 does not produce this kind of distortion.

I'm finding more and more that for me pedals don't stand alone. They seem to run best in different combinations.
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

Re: DOD Supra Distortion, Wow!

Dang, Phtot. That's the very first pedal I ever got. It disappeared into the murkiness of my dad's basement and was never seen again. Either that or this dude Chuck (not o'Caster) stole it from me at least a decade ago.
    s'all goof.

I know what ya mean about retryin that pedal. I agree that the low end and bite is nice, but I can't get past the nasty hummmmm when it's on..
    "Fool me once, shame on..... shame on me... fool me twice... shame on ... shame on... IF YOU GET FOOLED ONCE YOU CAN'T GET FOOLED AGAIN".-Our Good bud George W.

Quote Originally Posted by TonsofBlues
    I know what ya mean about retryin that pedal. I agree that the low end and bite is nice, but I can't get past the nasty hummmmm when it's on..
    I noticed that when I put it in my chain last night. Lots of hum.

On my second amp, I just have it and the Tubeulator, but on my main amp I have too many pedals, and it add a lot of hum.
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

I remember buying one of those in the 90's thinking i would like it better than my TS-9. I used it twice and gave it away. I bought one of those round Hendrix Dunlop boat anchors. That pedal lasted even less time....
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash

Quote Originally Posted by curtisstetka View Post
    Either that or this dude Chuck (not o'Caster) stole it from me at least a decade ago.
    no that was me...i'm very good at disguising my true identity.

glad to see you've found something you like.

i've taken the big muff off the bass pedalboard. it's now back on the guitar pedalboard. tried to like it with bass, but the pedal has a sweet spot, and it's not in a musical part of my bass rig.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"