Thread: Dream Strat !

Dream Strat!

I had the good fortune of scoring a 1966 Strat refin,refret- jumbos from this very site(and a smokin deal to boot). I am ecstatic with the tone and dynamics of this guitar. Mean and nasty to sweet and mellow, it just seems to have more going for it than my other modern strats. Serious 'mojo'.

Just thought I'd share with y'all. I feel rather lucky, and I know I'd never be able to afford most of the dealer costs out there for the same vintage. I'ts been a rough year so far, maybe my luck is changing.

See link below for pics. kinda fuzzy though. The 66 is black.
    Last edited by Tonedrip; 07-24-2003 at 06:28 PM.
    Tonedrip

"The shrink said I'm Tonal retentive".

Wow thats great I always dreamed of having a 60's fender strat but have come to the conclusion that its never gonna happen. I'll just settle for the 62 RI right now. Anyway you got any sound clips of that bad boy? and If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay?:tw59
    Formerly Bluesgtr20

I'm not sure I'm equipted to make sound clips . But I'll tell you I've played Strats since 1982 (Teles even longer), and this is the most organic yet beastly sounding one to date.

I thought the same as you , as far as never gonna be able to aquire a 60's strat. I'll tell you there are some deals going on out there. I paid ... are you sitting down .. $2500.00 w/case.

Cheaper than my PRS and about the same as a my Relic new!!!
    Tonedrip

"The shrink said I'm Tonal retentive".

Very nice. I'm not that serious to put that kind of money into any guitar, but that was a great price you got...especially since it met all your expectations. Went to a music swap meet past weekend. Saw a nice refin '62 Strat in white. Other than a few paint chips and ugly clay dots, it was really nice. 4K...
    Hopeless modaholic...

Originally posted by Tonedrip
    I'm not sure I'm equipted to make sound clips . But I'll tell you I've played Strats since 1982 (Teles even longer), and this is the most organic yet beastly sounding one to date.

I thought the same as you , as far as never gonna be able to aquire a 60's strat. I'll tell you there are some deals going on out there. I paid ... are you sitting down .. $2500.00 w/case.

Cheaper than my PRS and about the same as a my Relic new!!!
    Holy shit I paid that much for my Les paul historic, Damn nice score!!!
    Formerly Bluesgtr20