Thread: US Strat White Blonde Ash. Anyone have one?

US Strat White Blonde Ash. Anyone have one?

Well, I did something I had promised myself not to do. I ordered a used White Blonde US strat sight unseen. It is supposed to be in great shape. I do have a 30 right of return on it though so if it is really awful I will be out the shipping ($20).

I have wanted a white blonde US strat for a number of years but figured I was pretty much out of luck now as they were discontinued. I probably paid too much ($500 US) but if it decent I will be very happy.

I have a mahog hardtail (H H) and a vintage trem mahog (SSS). I am thinking I will do some typ of dual bucker thing with this as well.

Anyone have one or who played one care to comment?
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

I had one for awhile although I took it back during the approval period because it just wasn't working out. I love the translucent finishes - that's another area I feel that Fender is missing the boat - why not do a trans finish in all of the vintage colors? I love to see a nice wood grain but get a little tired of the standard tobacco s/b - a nice trans seafoam green, fiesta red, or daphne blue would be really nice. Anyway, I love the white blonde - do those only come with the r/w boards? Hope you like it...
    "The lord will take two things so much alike that he would not mind choosing from them blindfold - and then for a great jest he will allow the slaves to choose."

What is it Dale an AM STD?

If its a 57ri you got a great deal if its an AM STD you still did ok.

Originally posted by Marcondo
    What is it Dale an AM STD?

If its a 57ri you got a great deal if its an AM STD you still did ok.
    It is an American Standard. I hate to tell this but ... I was told by the sales person I was speaking with it had a rosewood board. I am not very confident in the sales person, though the store is one I have worked with many times and the other folks I have talked with about it have been trustworthy. I have not had a chance to double check the board it has.

I do not know how the AS strats in White Blonde came so I do not know if, like my US Fat Tele, they only came with Rosewood. I usually end up putting a Warmoth neck with stainless wire on things anway. So it was not as important as perhaps it should have been. I will save the neck in case I ever resell it.

Dale
    Last edited by Dale; 07-21-2003 at 03:45 PM.
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

The white see thru blonde is a $150 upcharge on that model it should be solid ash unless its older than 1998.

Originally posted by Marcondo
    The white see thru blonde is a $150 upcharge on that model it should be solid ash unless its older than 1998.
    I don't have the serial number, but I was told it was of the newest last runs before they discontinued. I am nto sure when that was though.

Dale

Sounds like a cool one to me I like the rosewood fretboards adds some thickness to the tones.

Mark me too, I enjoy the white blonde/rosewood look as well as tone.
    Formerly Bluesgtr20

Forum Member
    Dale- I've got one, it rocks. It's one of my favorites.

I recently put a set of Kinman AVn Blues in the neck/middle and a Seymour Duncun Little '59 in the bridge. It does have the rosewood which I prefer. You can see mine at:

http://mywpages.comcast.net/ccaldwell/

I paid around $600 for it with a hardcase. It was used but in great shape. I've actually been looking for another one, but haven't seen another. If you don't like it shoot me an e-mail.

I sure hope I like it. Rosewood is fine. The combination of rosewood and ash on the fat tele is very nice.

Dale

Forum Member
    I've got a CS Strat body that's in the washed Mary Kay; it's Ash with nice figuring and lightweight. I haven't put a neck to it.

Well, the strat arrived ahead of schedule. It was not what it was advertised as so it is headed back this afternoon. It had a CRACKED body. Minor detail that went unmentioned.

Dale
    Last edited by Dale; 07-24-2003 at 12:54 PM.